Labour party to go down to 140 seats?

What's Hot
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38490343

I did some maths a while back to  illustrate things were bad for Labour
Looks like others agree

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    Trouble is which other numpty's will be allowed to get in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72432
    rolls1392 said:
    Trouble is which other numpty's will be allowed to get in?
    The Tories. The Lib Dems won't recover far enough to be a serious contender yet, UKIP are a spent force without Farage and the SNP don't stand in England.

It's a pity Corbyn has proved so inept as a leader. I had some hope when he was elected that he could reposition Labour as a proper left-of-centre party.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924

I'm astonished that Tim Farron hasn't tried much harder to hoover up centre-left folks who have deserted a Labour party gone too far left.

If Andy Burnham gets the Manchester Mayor job, there will be a by-election in Leigh, which is traditional Labour territory - it will be interesting to see what happens there.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Nitefly said:

I'm astonished that Tim Farron hasn't tried much harder to hoover up centre-left folks who have deserted a Labour party gone too far left.

If Andy Burnham gets the Manchester Mayor job, there will be a by-election in Leigh, which is traditional Labour territory - it will be interesting to see what happens there.

A lot of Lib Dems have run out of steam, and lost the will to fight. Except the fruitcake types of course...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Nitefly said:

Tim Farron has relaunched the Lib Dems as the Remainers Party. The hope at Westminster is May is forced into an early general election on Brexit. The Lib Dems could do well in areas that voted to Remain. Commentators I've spoken to say if this happened there's no way of forecasting what will happen - plenty of Tory areas voted to Remain - plenty of Labour areas voted for Brexit. Could the Lib Dems and UKIP do well?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    From the Times:

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    No, it's all fine. No need to worry. Labour is right on target under Corbyn. This is a fact, I heard a Labour MP saying it on Breakfast TV so it must be true.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Fretwired said: 

Tim Farron has relaunched the Lib Dems as the Remainers Party. 
    I think that relaunched is too strong a word. The Lib Dems had their titanic moment. Tim is sitting in a lifeboat with one oar, going around in circles.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    axisus said:
    No, it's all fine. No need to worry. Labour is right on target under Corbyn. This is a fact, I heard a Labour MP saying it on Breakfast TV so it must be true.
    If you can't trust a politician, who can you trust?