New battery powered electric razor needed...

RockerRocker Frets: 4993
My Philishave battery powered electric razor was bought new in or around 1990.  The battery terminals are 'getting to the end of their days', thus I need a new razor.  Our local chemist no longer sells them so it is Boots or on line.  Anyone care to recommend one.  Not expecting a new one to last 26+ years but around a decade would be fine.  Thanks. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12419
    I always found the Phillishaves to be the best of the electric razors tbh. Get another one! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27216
    I have a Braun 790CC that I use on those days I can't be bothered with a proper razor. Works well.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4930

I've always used Phillishaves, but in my  travel bag I have a Braun Pocket-Go 570, which runs off 2 x AA batteries.  It's probably been superseded by now, but it wasn't very expensive and it does the job.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    Mrs Rocker bought me a Phillishave today, a birthday present as I will turn 61 at the middle of the month.  One thing that surprised me [in Boots but it is probably the same everywhere] is the cost of these things.  Some wet and dry, which I never heard of until today, units retail around the €250+ region.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Phillips oneblade? No idea how good it is as I barely shave weekly as it is, and wet shave when I do. But it seems to do well from the reviews I have read. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100