Fender American Professional Series Strats

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2610
in Guitar tFB Trader

Im not really a Fender guy..  But I kind of like that double hummer version (at 22:34)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    that video and the playing of a certain chap managed to put me off the bloody guitar, he has the finesse of a lumbering Bison
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    The awful 'singing' in a fake American accent at the start put me off, I assume the singing is a joke? :s
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    Whenever I click on those Andertons vids I always go right off guitars, sometimes for days at a time.
    I really must learn not to watch them, even for just the 1 or 2 minutes I usually endure before switching off in disgust.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Whenever I click on those Andertons vids I always go right off guitars, sometimes for days at a time.
    I really must learn not to watch them, even for just the 1 or 2 minutes I usually endure before switching off in disgust.
    The actual Andertons videos (with Mick, Pete etc) are highly watchable for me. Its just the ones posted on Rob Chapman's profile that I can no longer watch. I used to love them but they are just too over the top now. Lee comes off well still, but Rob seems to make every guitar sound exactly the same, he's got such a heavy touch and the random shredding annoys me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Sassafras said:
    The actual Andertons videos (with Mick, Pete etc) are highly watchable for me. Its just the ones posted on Rob Chapman's profile that I can no longer watch. I used to love them but they are just too over the top now. Lee comes off well still, but Rob seems to make every guitar sound exactly the same, he's got such a heavy touch and the random shredding annoys me.
    This

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    If I was down the pub with those two, I'd end up starting a fight just to break the monotony of their endless wittering and their phony schoolboy cheerfulness.
    Their videos seem to go on forever, they sap the life force from me to such a degree I can barely lift my eyelids.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    See, as a fat, middle aged, glasses wearing guitar player I really want him to be achingly cool because it would mean I stood a chance, but the cold hard reality is that it's all a bit Colin Hunt..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    That said if I didn't already have a very tasty HSS Strat one of these in Oly White with a Rosey board would be verrrryyy tempting in a kind of 'one guitar to kill them all' way.
    Except I'd want it with a CBS headstock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24831
    Back to the guitars - I was in Forsythes and Dawsons in Manchester today - both of which had them in stock in significant numbers. Some of the new colours look great - some are drab in the extreme.

It seems £1399 is the 'street' price. I only paid slightly more than that for my used CS Relic.... 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited January 2017
    I generally prefer vintage specs on Strats (just as well because I can't afford one of these), but the I really do like the look of the olive green/black pickguard and maple fretboard and the narrow/tall frets sound interesting...

http://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-guitars/stratocaster/american-professional-stratocaster/0113010776.html#prefn1=series&prefv1=American+Professional&cgidx=electric-guitars&start=1

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13945
    edited January 2017
    Waving his arm about as he sings like he's some kind of fucking rock God. He's less of a Marmite kind of person and more like a Warm Cat Vomit Infested With Tapeworm kind of person.

How much further up his own arse can he go?

If I was the UK Fender Product Manager I wouldn't want him demoing my guitars. 

Was this thread click bait? I really wish I hadn't watched it, bludgeon me now.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    I made it to 0:15 before I had to stop.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    Tough crowd here!  Not easy to make demos.  Old adage is true...you can please some of the people all the time and you can please all of the people some of the time....but you can't please all of the people all of the time. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    edited January 2017
    Voxman said:
    Tough crowd here!  Not easy to make demos.  Old adage is true...you can please some of the people all the time and you can please all of the people some of the time....but you can't please all of the people all of the time. 
    It's not easy to make demos, but it's also quite impressive for them to make me turn it off in 15 seconds. I'm fairly easy going on this stuff normally.
  • I went to Andertons for the first time ever yesterday for a Keeley pedal. Helpful staff.  Separately I hear 2 people say to him how great his vids are.  I was going to ask for his autograph but I would have laughed.  The walls were full of (reduced) Andertons Les Paul Blues Masters. Unsurprisingly I guess.  Still good deal on the pedal
  • I went to Andertons for the first time ever yesterday for a Keeley pedal. Helpful staff.  Separately I hear 2 people say to him how great his vids are.  I was going to ask for his autograph but I would have laughed.  The walls were full of (reduced) Andertons Les Paul Blues Masters. Unsurprisingly I guess.  Still good deal on the pedal
    Same story with the shop itself, never had any complaints. Great service when I bought my strat from them as well, I must have tried almost every Mexican one they had in the warehouse on a bank holiday monday. Guy serving me was more than happy to help.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    i think the fact that they've finally realised that not all of us like the Modern C neck profile is a breakthrough. i think the colours look cool.

If I ran Fender Id offer a choice of neck profiles though. 

Regarding Andertons vids? Lee & Rob Chapman are canny business people. But Im sort of amazed that he got that far, because he's got such a heavy touch & lacks dynamics. But good luck to em. I think Rabea Massad is the real talent there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited January 2017
    Dear Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton.

Do you remember those old comedy duos who were so entertaining in days gone by, but now look so dated and not funny?

That's you, that is.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8538
     Chalky said:
    Dear Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton.

Do you remember those old comedy duos who were so entertaining in days gone by, but now look so dated and not funny?

That's you, that is.
    To be fair I think even Lee would recognise this, hence they have branched out with the other series with other players. But why would you lose this original format when it still pulls in 75k plus views in its first week.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited January 2017
    I always know I can count on these threads for a total demolition of Chappers. 

As much as he isn't for me, don't watch it if you think he sucks.