Humble Pie

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm just reading the Aerosmith autobiography and this band are mentioned. I'll have to check them out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    I bought Fillmore on vinyl in the 80s - possibly for exactly same reasons as @Philly_Q

I liked it, but didn't quite "get it" enough to play it a lot.

Hadn't heard it for ages when I bought the 4CD complete recordings sometime last year.

I heartily recommend the 4CD set. For some reason I find it much more enjoyable than I ever did the original album. Hell, even the missus likes it (she always has to ask "wow! who's this?" when I put it on).

I can't play my vinyl copy to compare, but I'm wondering if sequencing, track selection, or even trying to fit too much per side made the original double LP version what it was? I mean, I held off getting the 4 CD set because of a vague "but wasn't it tinny and thin? Music good but sound uninspiring" ... but I forgot those worries the moment I heard the CDs.

I haven't heard the remastered CD version of the original album, but if you liked the original album, Philly, you OWE it to yourself to get the little 4CD box :)
  • I'm just reading the Aerosmith autobiography and this band are mentioned. I'll have to check them out.
    Well worth a listen, some of the live stuff can be a bit drawn out at times, usually down to Steve Marriot playing up to the audience. As far as albums go, start at Smokin' or King Biscuit Live and work your way around the catalogue from there. Be aware that their A&M label albums aren't that readily available on CDs these days.