Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favourite threads

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    What I want to know is... is the guitar show worth turning up for? I'd have to travel down from Edinburgh and possibly take a day off work. 
    The Birmingham guitar show is the biggest guitar show now but it's not a big exhibition like a BBC Good Food Show or something like that. The live stuff is fairly low key (mostly solo performances) and most of the stands are fairly small ( although Fender and PRS have had fairly big set ups). You can, however, see stuff under one roof that you'd struggle to see elsewhere from U.K. builders and there's the odd ageing muso or music journalist you might see wandering around. The other guitar shows tend to be a closer to being swap meet type things so it's a fairly unique event.

Given the distance and cost of it were the other way around and I was looking at a trip to Edinburgh I guess I'd be looking at what else I could wrap around it ( if just to sell the trip to my partner). There isn't much in the immediate vicinity but there's loads to do in Birmingham: live music, shopping , wacky architecture, restaurants, museums, the jewellery quarter ( up the road from the guitar show), etc, etc. It is the second biggest city in the U.K. so there are all the things you'd expect from that. 

Oh, as it's at a weekend so would you have to take leave for that? I know some people work at the weekend but a lot of people don't, just asking... :3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24371
    The Moon Landing thread.

So much educational failure in a single thread that if I reported it to a council they would assign a full time SENCO to it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The gear and theory/technique sections. I've learnt a fair bit from the smarter forumites :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Any of @Emp_Fab 's project threads. The speedboat recovery one was particularly enjoyable, also the oscilloscope to fix the oscilloscope to fix the amp was fun.
    Mainly because it's like listening to myself but without my "better judgement" filter turned on.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    edited January 2017
    Mine would all come from Off Topic or SC. So probably not the best, although the community spirit, humour and some of the displays of generosity, of both material and non material things are to me the best things about this place.

Mr C 'architectural photographer' getting caught / The moon landing thread / Alnico last year at Chrismas  / WezV's donation thread this year / some of the support threads regarding people's losses and issues are to me what makes this place what it is. But they aren't relevant to a guitar show necessarily,

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• @EricTheWeary thanks for the detailed reply :)

I rarely work weekends, it's just if I went, I'd want to be there to experience the whole thing, not just one day... so I'd probably take the Friday or Monday off. It's a tough sell this year as I'm already away to see GNR in Madrid and Aerosmith in Dublin, and I owe the girlfriend a holiday this year as last year we never had one due to her cancer so it's probably looking like a no-go from me again :(
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3081
    @EricTheWeary thanks for the detailed reply :)

I rarely work weekends, it's just if I went, I'd want to be there to experience the whole thing, not just one day... so I'd probably take the Friday or Monday off. It's a tough sell this year as I'm already away to see GNR in Madrid and Aerosmith in Dublin, and I owe the girlfriend a holiday this year as last year we never had one due to her cancer so it's probably looking like a no-go from me again :(

I'm sure there will be a few of us there too matey. You can get the show done in a single day imo. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Anything about The Jam or Weller's guitars amps from those days

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I'm not sure anybody would do the whole two days, after a few hours I want to run out screaming and never listen to anyone play the electric guitar ever again...

@EricTheWeary thanks for the detailed reply :)

I'm sure there will be a few of us there too matey. You can get the show done in a single day imo. 
    Favourite threads? I bought a new jacket from The Gap outlet in 2016 I'm very keen on. 

Favourite Discussion? Surely Show us your Pedalboard is the gift that keeps on giving. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1778
    There's so much great stuff on here. I love pretty much everything in Making & Modding, loads of exciting and creative builds going on. The Made in the UK section is brilliant too, specially the Oil City vintage pickup strip down & rebuild threads.

The mammoth "plane on a conveyor belt thread" was brilliantly full of comedy gold and pseudo-engineering knowledge.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Birmingham: ... It is the second biggest city in the U.K. 
    Mancunians might disagree, and choose a set of statistics which indicate otherwise
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    I like the water softener thread, and several we've had about coffee. Quite often there's someone who works in the industry who can provide knowledgeable input
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Roland said:
    I like the water softener thread, and several we've had about coffee. Quite often there's someone who works in the industry who can provide knowledgeable input
    With all due respect, I don't think my grandad is the key audience we are pitching at ....
    I used to like you
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Roland said:
    I used to like you
    That's lovely to hear. Most people never liked me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    axisus said:
    Roland said:
    I used to like you
    That's lovely to hear. Most people never liked me.
    Happy New Year!  ;)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Might be from InterMusic, but @ThomasRoss20 and the Guitar George (he knows all the chords) thread
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • It was intermusic yeah - I was baffled for about 10 pages!