Why does eBay allow this?

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
edited January 2017 in Off Topic
So, I had an item listed as being available to ship in the UK. I wake up this morning and someone from Germany has bought it, I double check to make sure I didn't put EU, and I didn't...

So how do I now go about cancelling the order, without giving the buyer the opportunity to give me negative feedback? Seems a bit stupid I take the flak for someone outside my set shipping zone trying to buy it.

The guy has sent me an invoice for shipping to Germany, so he knew he was on UK eBay bidding for an item I wasn't shipping to his country...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Because eBay are bumheads 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    edited January 2017
    Had this a few times.

Depending upon size and value of item, what ive done in the past is to send a polite email that the item is UK only and you are reluctant to post to Europe following previous problems of lost in post. Therefore you need to get a quote for international signed and tracked.

When you do provide a quote you can put in a large value to make it not worth their while.

This will allow for an amicable way to resolve.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    dano said:
    Had this a few times.

Depending upon size and value of item, what ive done in the past is to send a polite email that the item is UK only and you are reluctant to post to Europe following previous problems of lost in post. Therefore you need to get a quote for international signed and tracked.

When you do provide a quote you can put in a large value to make it not worth their while.

This will allow for an amicable way to resolve.
    Do this..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    It doesn't even make much sense, it's a guitar case, but by the time I add on international shipping, he could go to Thomann and buy one new, so why bother buying mine?

Bleh.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    I wouldn't even get involved with the guy, just message him and point out you've said it's a UK sale only. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    boogieman said:
    I wouldn't even get involved with the guy, just message him and point out you've said it's a UK sale only. 
    I've already cancelled it and sent a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9649
    I once auctioned an electronic drumkit, which was described as local pickup only for obvious reasons. Imagine my surprise when I found out the winning bidder was from New Jersey!

Unbeknownst to me, my item had been hijacked. All traces of it were quickly deleted by ebay, presumably just after the winning bidder had paypalled the fraudster.
  • I hate ebay