gassing for a proper jazzer

What's Hot
pruddprudd Frets: 662
Hi all

I got a hankering for a jazzer, would like a  a solid top , pressed or carved, a floating p/up and vol/tone controls on the pickgaurd. has to be full bodied and have a cutaway for access to the high frets, not that i venture up that end very often :).

My guess is that I'm going to have to be spending way north of a grand.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 848
    edited January 2017
    My Dad was selling a 1976 Ibanez L5 copy in blonde. They are very rare, have a hand carved top and amazing figuring etc. If you were interested I could see if he's still wanting to sell?

Here's a link to an old thread I did for it.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/77587/fs-1976-ibanez-l5

Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    koss59 said:
    My Dad was selling a 1976 Ibanez L5 copy in blonde. They are very rare, have a hand carved top and amazing figuring etc. If you were interested I could see if he's still wanting to sell?

Here's a link to an old thread I did for it.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/77587/fs-1976-ibanez-l5

that's awesome
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31619
    Is there a cutaway Loar which fits the bill, maybe an acoustic model you could add a floating pickup to?

I have an excellent non-cutaway LH300, by far the cheapest way into the carved archtop game. 
  • pruddprudd Frets: 662
    Thanks for the input guy's, i love that ibanez. I have however pulled the trigger on a 2004 Hofner New President that fits all my criteria. 
    A bit of an impulse decision to go for a jazzer to be honest, dont be supprised if the Hofner is in the classifieds in a couple of months! :)