Parallel mixing. And so it begins...

What's Hot
I bought my RJM Mini Line Mixer from @Gassage months ago and it's been sitting there waiting for me to "finish" my pedal board and get and idea of how I'm going to wire it. Well I've finished it (for now) and figured all that out. I took delivery of two RJM Mini Effects Gizmo's this week, one courtesy of @SpikeyMcSpikeFace and I finally got to plug them in today.

I was cruelly handicapped by a lack of patch cables, but managed to get three of the loops wired up to the mixer - a dry signal, a stereo feed from the El Cap and a stereo feed from the Big Sky. Each loop is able to be switched off, so I can benefit from a kill-dry for some smooth ambient washes with the either the delay or reverb, but it was awesome with the Big Sky, especially.

Looks messy as hell, but sounds absolutely outstanding. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference as I've got mix controls on the effects themselves, so expected it to be the same. But this sounds great, and it really opens up the sound and gives it space to breathe - makes it sound bigger!

Next up is to get a few more loops (I have 10 and need another 10ish), and another line mixer - then put it all neatly in a nice rack case! Oh yeah, and I'll need a way to control it all too! Any ideas? I like the compact nature of the RJM switching units as they don't have loops in them, something like a G-2 or ES-8 would be great, but I don't need the loops.
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments