NAD: My finest yet - 20w Marshall style lunchbox amp.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 3192
    Another work of art.  Fantastic work, Wow awarded.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 10896
    That sounds like the amp everybody wants Marshall to make.

It would look fantastic in a full-width head with more space between the knobs though ;)
    After Marshall released the Mini Jubilee I emailed them to ask if they were going to do the same with the 2203 - they said they had no plans.

I'm perfectly happy with my Helix now - but I'd have a 20W 2203, without a doubt.

Hello darkness my old friend.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • That sounds like the amp everybody wants Marshall to make.

It would look fantastic in a full-width head with more space between the knobs though ;)
    Actually I made another head at the same time - full width in the same style - just toying what to put in - porbably a standard 2204 circuit I think. Although I haven't made a Hiwatt head yet ... or and AC30/badcat style head sounds tempting too.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 5931
    PCB? In a Danplifier! Heretic! Burn him!

Look superb though :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 3809
    clarkefan said:
    Very elegant, I hope it sounds as good as it looks :)

Jalapeño?  First in a line of Mexican-food-related amps? :)
    We might need to have a chat about the name ........ :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 1956
    Aw man that looks sweet, how much gain are we talking (I know I've asked you the same question about another amp..) because I've a nasty suspicion that could be the amp I've been waiting for...
  • DrBob said:
    Aw man that looks sweet, how much gain are we talking (I know I've asked you the same question about another amp..) because I've a nasty suspicion that could be the amp I've been waiting for...
    I may be the wrong man to ask as I rarely use a lot of overdrive. I'd be tempted to say lots though! It's a hot-rodded JCM800 at heart, so plenty of preamp gain, plus switching in the boost removes the tonestack which is a major step up in gain and volume again. Dialled back it does the classic marshall crunch too though, and a great clean. 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 1956
    DrBob said:
    I may be the wrong man to ask as I rarely use a lot of overdrive. I'd be tempted to say lots though! It's a hot-rodded JCM800 at heart, so plenty of preamp gain, plus switching in the boost removes the tonestack which is a major step up in gain and volume again. Dialled back it does the classic marshall crunch too though, and a great clean. 
    Yep, sounds suspiciously like you've just built 'my amp' 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 923
    DrBob said:
    DrBob said:
    Yep, sounds suspiciously like you've just built 'my amp' 
    Likewise :) I can see myself asking for something like this to be built as and when i have the money! 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 6252
    Superb.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 1522
    That really is a thing of beauty. I wouldn't know whether to play through it or just look at it all day :)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 4397
    If I didn't have to MOT, service and replace all 4 brake pads and brakes I would seriously consider taking this.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 2524
    Beautiful work! It seems a shame to hide it away inside a box. Although I suppose the danger of death by electrocution is best avoided...   :)
  • ricorico Frets: 1013
    @4114Effects that is a beauty. One JCM800 style combo please!