Trump really is a man-child

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @Myranda - my previous comment on Trump is that he is an "obnoxious git". So I don't defend him.

Equally, I still think 'know your enemy' is wisdom, and there is a risk that writing him off as a fool before he is in office may be unwise.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    I think he is a fool,  but not one we should underestimate. 

He gives the appearance of success and America is a country in love with mythology.  As long as he perpetuates the success myth he has built, there are many that will love him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Reverend said:
    I think he is a fool,  but not one we should underestimate. 

He gives the appearance of success and America is a country in love with mythology.  As long as he perpetuates the success myth he has built, there are many that will love him.
    Exactly. Reagan showed signs of his approaching Alzheimers whilst still President but the Americans still loved him.  If Trump can widen his public support in his first 100 days, especially by delivering economic improvements, antipathy towards him will evaporate quickly.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Chalky said:
    Did Clinton lie under oath … ?
    I don't think Clinton did lie under oath - it depends on the meanings of the words he used, which are open to interpretation - not just what "if" means (which he said) but also how you define "sexual relations", and other things. He was a lawyer and clever with words, so I think he was just 'economical with the truth', in the words of another serial adulterer...

Obviously he was intentionally dishonest, but that's not *quite* the same thing. You could tell from the way he spoke that he was being very careful to use a precise choice of language so as not to leave himself open to proof of lying.

Trump isn't a complete fool but he's not intelligent enough or in control of himself enough to do that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    I think we're all being a tad naive here.

There are an almost masonic bunch of politically powerful Americans who see Trump as causing so much havic and mayhem they'll be able to get away with anything behind the scenes.

THere's puppetmasters at work, for sure.

And the notion of Pence as POTUS is terrifying.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Chalky said:
    Did Clinton lie under oath ......
    Dunno but he did lie under Monica, and over her, as well as quite a few other positions.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Gassage said:
    I think we're all being a tad naive here.

There are an almost masonic bunch of politically powerful Americans who see Trump as causing so much havic and mayhem they'll be able to get away with anything behind the scenes.

THere's puppetmasters at work, for sure.

And the notion of Pence as POTUS is terrifying.
    More than the notion of Pence as VP and Trump as POTUS?
    :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22827
    I think some of Pence's views are terrifying, but he wouldn't be able to turn them into policies and I'm not sure he'd even try, he'd get very little past Congress.

My big fear about Trump is what he'll say, rather than what he'll do - the unplanned public statements and Twitter posts, the over-reaction to anything he perceives as an insult.  I can't imagine Pence would do any of that, he is - presumably - far more of a conventional politician.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I think some of Pence's views are terrifying, but he wouldn't be able to turn them into policies and I'm not sure he'd even try, he'd get very little past Congress.

My big fear about Trump is what he'll say, rather than what he'll do - the unplanned public statements and Twitter posts, the over-reaction to anything he perceives as an insult.  I can't imagine Pence would do any of that, he is - presumably - far more of a conventional politician.
    Is that supposed to be reassuring?! 
    Pence terrifies me- much more so than the Donald does. 
    If it's not too oxymoronic I think Trump MAY be a fool, but I don't think he's stupid. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22827
    Philly_Q said:

Is that supposed to be reassuring?! 
    Pence terrifies me- much more so than the Donald does. 
    If it's not too oxymoronic I think Trump MAY be a fool, but I don't think he's stupid. 
    Not reassuring at all, and I'm in no way cheerleading for Pence, but compared with a loose cannon like Trump I think he'd be less likely to do something utterly insane.  And he'd be certain not to be re-elected in 2020, which gives the USA some kind of chance to come to its senses at the next election.
  • Pence is the anti-gay God-worshipping abortion-hating let's bomb Iran guy that Trump alludes to being. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Pence is the anti-gay God-worshipping abortion-hating let's bomb Iran guy that Trump alludes to being. 
    Or put another way, Trump will shoot his mouth off at anyone he doesn't like, whereas Pence would just shoot.
  • He's no Spiro Agnew, that's for sure. 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    edited January 2017

Trump's inauguration is shaping up to be a veritable "Who's that?" of the showbiz world.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Gassage said:

Trump's inauguration is shaping up to be a veritable "Who's that?" of the showbiz world.

Look for this on my Facebork feed very soon.