Def Leppard, Poison and Tesla....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5023
    @eldarvanyar tesla are still killer live and Y&T simply slay.

Scorpions still have it,  but them a band like Whitesnake play well but there are a lot of breaks for the vocals

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23185
    Reverend said:

Scorpions still have it

Live they're still absolutely excellent, but I was so disappointed with the last album - far too much songwriting influence from the producers and not enough from the band (Meine excepted).
  • warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    DLM said:
    warhead said:
    IvanMC said:
    If R. Kotzen joined Poison again
    he said it sounds like Poison, but it isn`t, as the guitar playing is too good......
    Snort, like *that* is going to happen!

And what about the fact that the background singer on Native Tongue is totally killing the lead vocalist?

As for Winger, Pull is absolutely killer, IV is great, I like Karma, there's some instant gratification pop metal on there that's rockin', but WTF happened after that?!
    Well, Poison in general are not about being the best musicians/singers in the world....."they are my favorite band" said none ever, that is a sure thing......but they should get a little bit more respect as they wrote more good songs than Nitro for example.
    Winger - well......guess that early/mid 90`s happened to them as well as to many other bands.........Let`s also not forget they were getting a lot of undeserved flak from different sides.....being the main ridicules in Beavis and Butthead, Metallica making fun of them in their video, etc.....Guess they just weren`t commercially viable enough anymore.......
    I could bet my ass they are not selling much of their recent albums ,but are doing it for the love of music.....
  • I think the best live band out of the three would be Def Lep. I've seen all 3. Poison aren't much to watch live these days, but less so than Tesla. 

It would still be a great night from a musical point of view. Just yesterday I got "Open Up & Say Ahh" and "Mechanical Resonance"

Two great albums. Love it. Sad that of course the tour won't come to Australia. If it's not heading to the UK there's no way we'll get it. Sad. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/