Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM 2017

What's Hot

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    DougCoda said:
    I'm flying out tomorrow, visiting Gabriel at Echopark Guitars on Wednesday, a nice new range coming out there which I'll get the skinny on in El Monte, I'll be posting stuff on our Facebook and Insatgram pages, mainstream stuff and more leftfield gear. My meeting shedule is insane but I love it....
    Head over to booth 1595 and say hi to Adam for me ;)  He's taking a few new Satellite valve pedals that are being added to his line which from what he's told me should be pretty interesting.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    nickb_boy said:
    DougCoda said:
    I'm flying out tomorrow, visiting Gabriel at Echopark Guitars on Wednesday, a nice new range coming out there which I'll get the skinny on in El Monte, I'll be posting stuff on our Facebook and Insatgram pages, mainstream stuff and more leftfield gear. My meeting shedule is insane but I love it....
    Head over to booth 1595 and say hi to Adam for me ;)  He's taking a few new Satellite valve pedals that are being added to his line which from what he's told me should be pretty interesting.  
    I've a meeting lined up on Thursday, I'll say hi....
    DougCoda said:
    nickb_boy said:
    DougCoda said:
    Good work Doug, just don't mention anything about master volumes!!
    Tell him when he gets back to crack on with the dual Brownface and Magnatone trem/vibrato unit design/research some English guy keeps pestering about.

Have fun.   Look forward to your updates
  • In interesting news, though, Gibson have announced a range of $399 US-made guitars. I'll never buy one, but it's an interesting development nonetheless.

I think this year's NAMM is going to be the best for years in terms of guitar news.
    Looking at the specs of those new Gibson's, some are listed at "American Made" & others as "Made in the USA", I wonder what the distinction is? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Rumour on the Les Paul Forum is that Gibson Custom are merging some True Historic features with Standard Historic guitars for 2017 lineup.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    Rumour on the Les Paul Forum is that Gibson Custom are merging some True Historic features with Standard Historic guitars for 2017 lineup.
    That may be the most exciting development I have heard in years. ;)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    The Gibson S Series M² have been available on Amazon for a while - list price is $499  and some colours were briefly available for $299.
    https://www.amazon.com/Gibson-USA-Electric-Guitar-Exclusive/dp/B01LRWJQ3Q
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-2017-gibson-m2-499-six-colors.1757920/

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2459
    Couple of juicy bits coming on the Yamaha/ L6 side. Full info tomorrow. ;-) 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6840
    tFB Trader
    DougCoda said:
    nickb_boy said:
    DougCoda said:
    Tell me your going to start stocking Satellite @DougCoda ....., say its so....!!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    miserneil said:
    DougCoda said:
    nickb_boy said:
    DougCoda said:
    Tell me your going to start stocking Satellite @DougCoda ....., say its so....!!
    It is so..ordered amps and pedals today, lead time about 5 weeks, Gammatron, Nivea,Elmer, Neutron, Helion and Atom plus the new pedals
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9572
    Foxx moi !!!!

Ive just been over to the Coda Facebook page, and have already spent around £36,000 in my head !!

LOVE that Paisley CS, Tone King, Carr new amps.... Morgan at Coda soon too !!!! Wow, better get saving...
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    DougCoda said:
    miserneil said:
    DougCoda said:
    nickb_boy said:
    DougCoda said:
    Head over to booth 1595 and say hi to Adam for me  He's taking a few new Satellite valve pedals that are being added to his line which from what he's told me should be pretty interesting.  
    It is so..ordered amps and pedals today, lead time about 5 weeks, Gammatron, Nivea,Elmer, Neutron, Helion and Atom plus the new pedals
    Ah-May-Zing Darling!! What great but expensive news!

A silver sparkle Atom is high on the agenda ;-) 

@nickb_boy ;;;
    (formerly miserneil)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    Foxx moi !!!!

Ive just been over to the Coda Facebook page, and have already spent around £36,000 in my head !!

LOVE that Paisley CS, Tone King, Carr new amps.... Morgan at Coda soon too !!!! Wow, better get saving...
    Always wondered what a thin line paisley would look like. Scratchplate spoilt it though.
    Never tried a Satellite but I know @nickb_boy really rates,them !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Yes he does and lots of pro guys in the US swear by them too. VERY excited to try some in the flesh.
    (formerly miserneil)
    miserneil said:
    Yes he does and lots of pro guys in the US swear by them too. VERY excited to try some in the flesh.
    Mate, this is gonna be expensive !!!
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    Na, not for me. I'll just wait 6 months after you get yours and buy it on here at a highly reduced price....

;-) 
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    miserneil said:
    miserneil said:
    Na, not for me. I'll just wait 6 months after you get yours and buy it on here at a highly reduced price....

;-) 
    That's great news @DougCoda ! Glad Adam took the advice and went with you :)

The only problem is I'll have to find another company no one else over here is using now lol
    tFB Trader
    Hmmm....http://www.guitar-bass.net/news/namm-2017-fender-custom-shop-founders/

@DamianP might have something to say about that headstock...
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    miserneil said:
    Hmmm....http://www.guitar-bass.net/news/namm-2017-fender-custom-shop-founders/

@DamianP might have something to say about that headstock...
    There's a few things in that PR that stand out as being a bit 'wtf'...

Such as on the Kendrick Strat:

The Stratocaster will feature three Mark Kendrick OEM Strat pickups, and the control plate is a tip of the hat to George Fullerton, who did something similar but less characteristic to a Stratocaster pickguard, on an unreleased ‘50s guitar.

Firstly am I the only person who looked at that and thought of this guitar:

Certainly the ugly chunk out the pickguard is similar and arguably a better known guitar. (Jerry Garcia's from The Grateful Dead for our young readers).

Plus "who did something similar but less characteristic".... wtf does that mean? 'Less characteristic' makes no English sense - although thats not unusual in press releases. Perhaps that needs an editorial tweek, eh?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.