That one guitar you reach for

What's Hot

Comments

• shugzshugz Frets: 768
    shugz said:
    Been really enjoying my keefcaster (as I call) it of late which is a bit unlike me as I'm more a Gibson player. When it's a Gibson it's usually my 335 or 345.

Cheers 
    Hugh
    Is that a Colin keef tele style guitar?

Ah no, it's a nice Partsocaster blackguard with PAF at the neck etc. Our very own Miserneil made and painted the body. Bought the bits last year from him and I just really assembled it, stuck the paf and blackguard on it. Aged it a little, fettled the nut and did a setup tweak on it today. Superb guitar.

Cheers
    Hugh 

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

Depends on what im doing..  If I want to record I usually reach for my LP Classic 1960..  If im just mucking about and want a quick play I mostly go for one of my lighter guitars like my DC Special or LP Studio...

Theres also my Pignose travel guitar that sits next to me and I often pick it up while watching TV or something :)

• shugz said:
    shugz said:
    Been really enjoying my keefcaster (as I call) it of late which is a bit unlike me as I'm more a Gibson player. When it's a Gibson it's usually my 335 or 345.

Cheers 
    Hugh
    Is that a Colin keef tele style guitar?

Ah no, it's a nice Partsocaster blackguard with PAF at the neck etc. Our very own Miserneil made and painted the body. Bought the bits last year from him and I just really assembled it, stuck the paf and blackguard on it. Aged it a little, fettled the nut and did a setup tweak on it today. Superb guitar.

Cheers
    Hugh 
    Sorry I thought I was a Colin keef tele. 
    It sounds cool tho
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Many thanks, really enjoying it to be honest. 

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    edited January 2017
    My 12 string Takamine acoustic and a Windsor tenor banjo (not at the same time). Electric guitar: hard tail Strat.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Whichever of my partscasters is nearest, usually..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    I don't have a 'reach for' guitar - purely depends on my mood and/or type of music I want to play. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    My Gretsch, mainly because it's the only one with clean strings
    Stop crying, start buying
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    For so long that guitar was my Westbury Standard because the neck fits my hand, is great sounding and is comfy either standing or sofa slouching. 
    But now it seems my Hohner L90 goldtop is taking the Westbury's mantle as go-to inspirational guitar,  due to a combination of great neck and really versatile p90s. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    Right now, my G&L BluesBoy semi-hollow. At the moment I'm preferring it my Strat and my Tele. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Probably that orange PRS of mine, though it's been my Larrivee acoustic of late.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Inca Silver '97 US Standard Tele. Just always feels like home.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    My Jackson dinky, regardless of other acquisitions it has been my "go to" guitar for 20 years.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    CS-336

It's probably my most-gigged and best-loved, and certainly the one that feels most like it's a part of me.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Whatever's closest. very rarely play guitar at home.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    I try to play every day, and my main fix is my Masterbuilt Jason Smith '63...

It remains currently THE best guitar I've ever played;

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Masterbuilt Strat 63/P1040144.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    I almost always play my goldtop if I'm going to plug in, but my Loar LH300 is rarely more than an arm's length away from me at home. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Not something I really pay attention to. I like them all, so spend pretty much equal time on them. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    My EGC in the house. Plus, as it's hollow, it's probably my best for those quick unplugged diddles. For rehearsals though, it's my Squier Duo Sonic. Feather light, and sounds awesome.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    If I'm recording it will usually be my DeArmond M75T first of all for getting ideas together. My go-to for playing in the band is a customised Squier J Mascis JM.