New Two Notes Captor

What's Hot
Looks like a really good feature set, sweetwater has them at $229, seems like a great price.

http://www.two-notes.com/en/torpedo-captor
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Looks great, really practical features. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Looks perfect for recording, count me in.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26920
    edited January 2017
    That's an astonishing price; even the AMT PE-120 is a good $100 more than that. I suspect we'll start to see more of these as the amp market gets increasingly worried about the state of high-end modellers and the convenience they provide.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

any word as to when these will be available in the UK. And will it come with the WoS software?

This seems like a much more cost effective home recording solution, that the torpedo live, which is expensive and likely overkill for what I'd use.

• sgosden said:

any word as to when these will be available in the UK. And will it come with the WoS software?

This seems like a much more cost effective home recording solution, that the torpedo live, which is expensive and likely overkill for what I'd use.

Anybody know what the Le Preamp series' analogue cab sim is like? Given the Two Notes heritage, I can imagine it'll be a hell of a lot better than most cab sim outputs.
    <space for hire>
    I saw a video on the Le Bass (which I cba to find again) which suggested the speaker sim was good on one channel but not both. The bloke seemed to think it was useable but likely to lead most people into getting the CAB as well.
  • sgosden said:
    I saw a video on the Le Bass (which I cba to find again) which suggested the speaker sim was good on one channel but not both. The bloke seemed to think it was useable but likely to lead most people into getting the CAB as well.
    I think I saw that one, possibly Mitch Baker's review, possibly the one he did with the B7KU.

I'd guess Ryan Bruce's channel would have some clips with the analogue out, he was the rep for the company at one point

sgosden said:
    I think I saw that one, possibly Mitch Baker's review, possibly the one he did with the B7KU.

I'd guess Ryan Bruce's channel would have some clips with the analogue out, he was the rep for the company at one point

yeah that sounds familiar!

A good shout with fluff, also Rebea does a lot with them too.

Any body heard anything about a release date for these yet?
    sgosden said:

emailed two notes and answered my own question : In around a month. yaay.
  • Ogami-ZOgami-Z Frets: 6
    sgosden said:
    sgosden said:

Bummer! Got an email from two note yesterday & it looks like the Captor is put back to August.  :/

Two Notes said:
    We know it's not a great news to share, but due to a last minute improvement on the electrical and overall design, we have to push back the release of the Captor from June to end of August now, but it will be as perfect as it gets. Thanks for your patience with us! 

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2924
    This could be just what I need for playing and recording at home :)
    Ogami-Z said:
    sgosden said:
    sgosden said:

Bummer! Got an email from two note yesterday & it looks like the Captor is put back to August.  :/

Two Notes said:
    We know it's not a great news to share, but due to a last minute improvement on the electrical and overall design, we have to push back the release of the Captor from June to end of August now, but it will be as perfect as it gets. Thanks for your patience with us! 

BOOOOOOOOO :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So it looks like this is coming on the 15th Sept. Looking forward to seeing some demos/reviews before I decide wether to buy or not.
    Ogami-Z said:
    So it looks like this is coming on the 15th Sept. Looking forward to seeing some demos/reviews before I decide wether to buy or not.

where's that? Thomann are showing October, and Andertons haven't got them listed yet.
  • sgosden said:
    Ogami-Z said:
    So it looks like this is coming on the 15th Sept. Looking forward to seeing some demos/reviews before I decide wether to buy or not.

where's that? Thomann are showing October, and Andertons haven't got them listed yet.
    I got the info in an email from two notes but your right there's no sign of them hitting the shops anytime soon. I'm guessing that because of the delays in production it may indeed be another month before they're in stock at all the two notes stockists.

suppose we'll just have to wait & see......or not

skip to 12:45 ish...

Shit this thing is huge!!!!!!!

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited September 2017
    Has anyone tried the TN Captor yet?  
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited October 2017
    Does anyone know how the captor compares to the Suhr reactive load for recording with separate IRs?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7834
    Well if anyone does buy it they're welcome to come past my place and we can record and post some tracks with my reactive load.