Keeley D&M Drive

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7468
haha - excellent (although does it bother anyone else that they are the 'wrong' way around ? lol 

Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Almost as wrong as putting ant and Dec the wrong way around. Schoolboy. 
  • Are we thinking a bluesbreaker and a tubescreamer in one? Although "boost' doesn't imply Tubescreamer. Maybe a Klon? I bet this will be horrendously expensive haha
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Whisper it - cos they seem like a good company and everything - but I've never had a keeley pedal that I've liked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7468
    There's a short demo on the TPS Facebook page - it sounds fantastic 

They say it is a 'full range' drive on Dan's side, and a mid-humpy clean boost on Mick's side.
    Red ones are better. 
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    But when you have that pedal on the floor in front of you, then they are the right way around  ;-)
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    I thought the demo on the TPS Facebook page sounded amazing, and it's brilliant that you can swap the order round of the two sides (never seen that before in a pedal).

what do you mean by the wrong way round though? Is it that on the show they always sit the other way round?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • What do we think - £200?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I guess it is correct from their point of view ...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    They should have put the little faces nearer the switches so you can stomp on Mick's smug little face every time you solo. Stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp...Nah, he's lovely really ...stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp...Nurse, pull the curtains...stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp,stomp, stomp, stomp...

I would be interested to see/ hear it in action but the accumulation of ever more expensive overdrive pedals as the  apparent end goal of playing the electric guitar passes me by somewhat. Whereas pursuit of the ultimate delay pedal makes perfect sense  :3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Whereas pursuit of the ultimate delay pedal makes perfect sense  :3
    Trudat.

What do we think - £200?
    I was about to say nah that's too much, Keeley's don't cost that much but then I went and looked them up - fuck me, UK prices are nuts :-( So yeah I reckon 200-250 which is a shame
    Red ones are better. 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    TimmyO said:
    What do we think - £200?
    I was about to say nah that's too much, Keeley's don't cost that much but then I went and looked them up - fuck me, UK prices are nuts :-( So yeah I reckon 200-250 which is a shame
    Keeley pedals took a big jump after the drop of the strength of the pound.
  • Is there a website with more info on this pedal? Has anyone worked out how to set one of these up with TRS cables so you can use them in a looper?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I don't think they're available yet
  • Could be a good contender for a KOT alternative. Surely it'll be cheaper than one?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    They demoed it at the live show the other week (only because someone asked them to) - sounded great.

the TRS thing just need to be plugged in that way - a TRS to dual mono Y cable in each side
    Red ones are better. 
  • They've used it on their current YouTube clip with tape delays. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Is this some sort of limited edition?  Is TPS really big in the States?

If so then I'd expect to see some Chappers - branded stuff hitting the shelves in short order :)
    It's going to be a production model. They wanted to have a TPS pedal made to their design, Dan is mates with Mr Keeley so he developed it to their specs/input 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Makes some sense, I'm sure Dan has a solid reputation in the industry.  

I'm a bit surprised he didn't do it himself actually, he has the skills and the facilities.

But then Keeley has the brand awareness, and his rep, there'll be loads of potential customers who've never heard of TPS who'll try it just because it's a Keeley box.

So win - win,  good luck to 'em! :)  Some intelligence at work :)