PRS 594 sc vs PRS stripped 58/SC58

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• This was built with the old scale, admittedly it's p90's so might not be relevant, it's a review of my guitar, if you just want to listen then the first 2 mins are good enough straight into a cornford

I'll get more done with humbucker soon

Nice playing and tone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    This was built with the old scale, admittedly it's p90's so might not be relevant, it's a review of my guitar, if you just want to listen then the first 2 mins are good enough straight into a cornford

Sounds great and good to hear one of your creations. I always find it funny that people always have copious build pictures here of what they have made but very few have short video of what they sound like. Sort of tease you through the build  then leave you hanging.

certainly flying the Uk Flag for the whole old school spec guitars nice. You are rapidly becoming the Uk's answer to Bartley/yaron style guitars. 

Are you you using old woods or just good modern stuff 

nice

As old and good as I can find, it's mostly the weight that I'm picky with tbh
    I have mahogany between 20 and 30 yrs old, I use Amazon rosewood fretboards
    Old scale length as mentioned and vintage carved necks which are just as important to me for feel and playability

That goldtop was a semi chambered body, it also had Swiss cheese holes 
    I'd do one again, sounded good to me

Although it's not a full burst tone it's still bloody good to  my ears

I did do a little build thread of that guitar as I repurposed that old mahogany body from something I built a few years back because that mahogany was worth the effort imo, I won't find any like that again, we have enough for about 10 body blanks, when it's gone its gone

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    This was built with the old scale, admittedly it's p90's so might not be relevant, it's a review of my guitar, if you just want to listen then the first 2 mins are good enough straight into a cornford

Nice playing and tone. 
    Thanks Mike makes it sound good and it actually changed the mind of a guy who was talking about a build with humbuckers now it's p90's
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)