Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM 2017 - What's gonna make you part with your cash?

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Maybe the Fender mahogany "exotic series" Strat. The price in sterling is getting a little dumb now on high-end Fender USA though, so we'll see. A super clean (or even new old stock) Custom Shop Strat would be achievable for less money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24404
    Helix Native looks amazing, and as Helix owners get a moooosive discount I'll be getting it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Moss said:
    Probably a Squier Mustang to turn into a Lee Ranaldo style with a Mojo Wide Range in the middle position

Quite possibly that sustain pedal thingy too
    Just watching the Andertons clip of the sustain pedal. Not sure it does it justice but even on that sounded pretty amazing. Not quite sure how I'd use it on Lip Up Fatty but I'd be prepared to give it a try. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    literally none of it! But then again I can find some brilliant tones out of my current set up so don't really strive for anything else........ Having said that it's taken me 20 years of playing to realise cash doesn't equal tone, so I'm happy.. For the first time ever lol, last NGD was a long time ago, 
    Yes, @fretmeister has the correct answer.

Darkglass. Totally.
    Although it looks like it will be over £300.

nope.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited January 2017
    Yes, @fretmeister has the correct answer.

Darkglass. Totally.
    Although it looks like it will be over £300.

nope.
    Might be one on basschat in a few months? ;)
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Id sort of decided to build a board with a midi capable loop switcher this year. Ive only got the power supply, a compressor, lo gain drive & another M5 to buy. So my initial idea was a Boss ES5, so if anything comes out to compete with that I ll be there.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Maybe the Catalinbread deluxe Belle Epoch. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Haven't really seen anything..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Only got funds for strings or a capo right now, so very little.....although the John Mayer PRS signature amp could definitely tempt those who, like me, are on a very tight budget.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I can barely justify my current crop of music equipment so probably nothing at NAMM 2017 is going to threaten my wallet.

Although the new Orange stereo acoustic guitar pre-amp looks very interesting (although extremely pricey)
  • The darkglass pedal is desiged in conjunction with jon stockman from karnivool. Bet thats going to sound amazing he has killer tone. Anyone know the likely price?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    The empress echo system would be nice. Oh and a CS Jazzmaster 
    I watched a load of NAMM videos with the ironing today and the Empress seemed pretty good, probably a scarey price though. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    The darkglass pedal is desiged in conjunction with jon stockman from karnivool. Bet thats going to sound amazing he has killer tone. Anyone know the likely price?
    £300 + apparently
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    I think I might want to replace my DD7 with a Rubberneck delay now as well. Bloody GAS.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1789
    Still gassing on a PRS 594 or I find a Les Paul reissue I like the fit and finish of.
    Neither I should be spending money on right now so may be nothing ha 
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    None of it, still waiting for Gibson to produce a USA line, original shaped body/flat top/gloss finished/ fat rounded neck double cut junior or special at a decent price, can't be hard, they have the spec's but still pump big $/R&D into clown projects. my 2p :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I hoped Friedman might have had some more interesting pedals this year - I'd love them to combine the two drive pedals into one box - looks like their move into guitars is the focus st the moment but I didn't see anything exciting there.  
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    If I slept on a literal bed of money, I would have a green JEM777 reissue.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Rubberneck, maybe, depending on price, and I'd like to try the Zvex vibrophase.