Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Scary to think that this executive order on refugees and immigrants is exactly the kind of thing many of the leave voters here in the UK thought they were voting for. 
    No it isn't. Totally different.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Scary to think that this executive order on refugees and immigrants is exactly the kind of thing many of the leave voters here in the UK thought they were voting for. 
    Ridiculous statement 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I agree, I voted out so as we could gas the disabled and everyone with ginger hair.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    FaceBook's in meltdown, Theresa May is the new Hitler, Corbyn wants to nuke the USA and Israel and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have resigned as they can't get a Green Card for the USA. It's the end of the world as we know it ...

... the only good news is we're getting a rest from Brexit ... 
    There's never a rest from Brexit. Some of us live it every day of our lives. It's our Vietnam. 

https://jerfalerf.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/51deerhunter.jpg

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    I don't understand some of this outrage and protest: Trump is only doing the things he said he would do if he got in office. To be fair to him, he is delivering exactly what he campaigned to do.

SUppose it just goes to show: never under estimate the public, and never under estimate the stupidity of politics.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31621
    Snap said:
    I don't understand some of this outrage and protest: Trump is only doing the things he said he would do if he got in office. To be fair to him, he is delivering exactly what he campaigned to do.

I agree, this is one area where he really has broken the political mold, he's actually sticking to his campaign promises. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Scary to think that this executive order on refugees and immigrants is exactly the kind of thing many of the leave voters here in the UK thought they were voting for. 
    Ridiculous statement 

I don't think it is actually. There were (what seemed like) daily reports of the uneducated masses in this country telling people to 'Go home' and that they weren't welcome in 'our country' around the time of the vote. A lot of these people picked out the parts of information that suited them. Farage was saying that were would take our country back, and close our borders, which was music to the ears of the idiots here.

Sounds quite similar to me.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • Nikko said:
    Ridiculous statement 

I don't think it is actually. There were (what seemed like) daily reports of the uneducated masses in this country telling people to 'Go home' and that they weren't welcome in 'our country' around the time of the vote. A lot of these people picked out the parts of information that suited them. Farage was saying that were would take our country back, and close our borders, which was music to the ears of the idiots here.

Exactly. I'm not saying ALL leave voters or even the majority of leave voters, just a worryingly large number of people who genuinely equated leaving the EU with "pulling up the drawbridge".

Nikko said:
    Ridiculous statement 

Totally different. Trump has block Muslims - he thinks they're a terror threat. Brexit was about control of borders with the EU. In 2001 the population of the UK was estimated to be 59.1 million with 4.9 million (8.3%) foreign born. By 2011 the population of the UK had increased by 4.1 million to 63.2 million with the foreign born population at 8 million (12.6%). In 2015, the population of the UK was estimated to be around 65 million. It is estimated that net migration plus births to foreign-born parents has accounted for 85% of population growth between 2000 and 2014.

Over 90% of international migrants to the UK go to England which now has an average population density of 410 people per square km. The population density of England is twice that of Germany and 3.5 times that of France.

The principal projection from the ONS with net migration at 185,000, the population is expected to increase by a total of 9.7 million over the next twenty-five years, passing the 70 million mark sometime in 2026. However, net migration is running at 335,000 which breaks down as 189,000 from the EU and 196,000 from the rest of the world.

Immigration has been good for the UK but this level is unsustainable - we need to be building new cities, roads, hospitals, schools and infrastructure. We are not. People have genuine concerns over the level of immigration.

As I have said before post Brexit I doubt it will change - we will be able to choose who comes in but I don't think it will affect the numbers. May says we need control - she doesn't say we will cut numbers. Totally different to Trump.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I didn't say it was exactly the same. Just that it has a certain feel to it, that is reminiscent of what the knobs thought Brexit would bring.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah but we're not talking about reasonable people like yourself who look at the numbers and consider immigration in a rational way, we're talking the racist dickheads that came out in worryingly large numbers, IMO

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Snap said:

SUppose it just goes to show: never under estimate the public, and never under estimate the stupidity of politics.
    I know it's tedious but I'm going to have to point out again that the majority of people didn't vote for him. Maybe, just maybe, the pepole protesting din't vote for him?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Trump has relented on British citizens although I hope you have a pistol or rapier handy ... you'll have to fight you're way in .. old fashioned style .. name your seconds .. walk ten paces .. fire! .. :-)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    @FX_Munkee, yeah I know what you mean. But, and I was trying to make this point earlier in the thread, the Americans have their electoral system (as do we) and they should know how it works, if taking part in it. Further, the anti Trump faction should have made more noise pre election, and done more to stop him.

IMHO, they were notably quieter before he got in, probably because they didn't think he could get in. Maybe it was like here with the EU vote, in that the remain side were too complacent, arrogant, in believing that the "ridiculous" result couldn't happen.

Hopefully Trump will get himself impeached. Surely the wheels have to come off soon? JUst look at his first week in office and what he has done: staggering.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    edited January 2017
    Strange he left out Saudi Arabia from his list of excluded countries. I wonder why?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    Strange he left out Saudi Arabia from his list of excluded countries. I wonder why?
    Hmmm it IS a mystery...
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/opinion/who-hasnt-trump-banned-people-from-places-where-hes-made-money.html
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5005
    Fretwired said:

Trump has relented on British citizens although I hope you have a pistol or rapier handy ... you'll have to fight you're way in .. old fashioned style .. name your seconds .. walk ten paces .. fire! .. :-)

The yanks have now said it does apply to them.

Only one way to settle this...
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5005
    Fretwired said:

The yanks have now said it does apply to them.

Only one way to settle this...
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    FX_Munkee said:
    Snap said:

I know it's tedious but I'm going to have to point out again that the majority of people didn't vote for him. Maybe, just maybe, the pepole protesting din't vote for him?
    Well the Democrats shouldn't have stayed at home then. The Democrat vote was well down compared to Obama's two terms. The Republican vote was roughly the same as it was for each presidential election. 

People are shrugging Trump off with the hope of not completing his first term, very few even consider that he could serve two full terms. The alarm clock is shaking itself to pieces but no one is waking up.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    This is the most interesting - and frightening - thing I have read today.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.i1h9ndq20