Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Fretwired said:

OK .. I was answering a different comment and didn't see the one on page two - I agree with you, although I still stand by the fact you have to use different tactics and not play Trump's game. I just watched the news where there was a press conference in the White House. The press were lectured, no questions could be asked and the statements made by Trumps press officer were easily refuted. This is bizarre to say the least.
    Absolutely. The left are making it far too easy for Trump to stoke the fires. It needs to adopt different tactics. I really would recommend watching the whole press conference. It's like a WWE presser or some fucking Barry Hearn managed boxing spectacle. 
    Like this?

Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Yes Yes but piss heads and non believers, put them out in the snow and let them make their own way home through the pitch fog through the woods and then and don't ask of their political opinion.  A  No way do I have any German blood in me. Greatest answer to mans anxiety is a fog wall and a forest in sub zero temperatures, each night wishing it will beat him.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Yes Yes but piss heads and non believers, put them out in the snow and let them make their own way home through the pitch fog through the woods and then and don't ask of their political opinion.  A  No way do I have any German blood in me. Greatest answer to mans anxiety is a fog wall and a forest in sub zero temperatures, each night wishing it will beat him.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    octatonic said:
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again...

You'd think they'd be bright enough to at least have their placards facing towards the street...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Actually Trump was right - there were far more people there .. more press bias .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    All these whiners and moaners taking to the streets and social media to complain about Trump etc etc - oi pillocks, you're a bit late in the day. You should have been making your voices heard for the last year or more, when you might have actually achieved something. Just going to have to take your medicine.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    lol

What I don't understand about this is what Trump's lot think they have to gain by attacking the press over something that the press can very easily prove they're right about - and not in an arcane way, in a simple way that even the average internet conspiracy theorist can understand. *And* in more sophisticated ways, eg with the public transport figures.

Rightly or wrongly the media are a very powerful and dangerous enemy to make.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited January 2017
    Unless he takes a leaf out of Putins book and hobbles the press good and proper. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited January 2017
    Snap said:
    All these whiners and moaners taking to the streets and social media to complain about Trump etc etc - oi pillocks, you're a bit late in the day. You should have been making your voices heard for the last year or more, when you might have actually achieved something. Just going to have to take your medicine.
    So people should just shut up for 4 years and let him do whatever he wants?  In 2012 did the republicans say it's ok lads we lost we'll get them in four years and go off quietly?  Not likely they ended up literally shutting down the government at one point.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    hywelg said:
    Unless he takes a leaf out of Putins book and hobbles the press good and proper. 
    He hopefully won't be able to.  Putin controls the military and intelligence services in Russia thankfully Trump is doing a great job of alienating his military and intelligence services.  
    Adam_MD said:
    hywelg said:
    He hopefully won't be able to.  Putin controls the military and intelligence services in Russia thankfully Trump is doing a great job of alienating his military and intelligence services.  
    Trump's going to pump serious cash into the military and wants IS wiped off the face of the Earth. I think he's marked the CIA's card that he wants no more leaks about his private life - that's going to work well.

Fretwired said:

Trump's going to pump serious cash into the military and wants IS wiped off the face of the Earth. I think he's marked the CIA's card that he wants no more leaks about his private life - that's going to work well.
    Any problem which occurs moving forward against IS though he will blame on his generals or the intelligence services via twitter he just can't help himself.  Nothing will ever be his fault I genuinely can't see him ever having a hold over them the way Putin has. 
    Adam_MD said:
    Fretwired said:

Any problem which occurs moving forward against IS though he will blame on his generals or the intelligence services via twitter he just can't help himself.  Nothing will ever be his fault I genuinely can't see him ever having a hold over them the way Putin has. 
    But Putin's an ex-KGB guy and as an 'ex-intelligence' community guy he knows how the state apparatus works. By contrast Trump is a businessman who is used to shouting at people and blaming them for any failures in his business. It won't work in government - he's liable to find his email and Twitter account closed on the grounds of national security.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

But Putin's an ex-KGB guy and as an 'ex-intelligence' community guy he knows how the state apparatus works. By contrast Trump is a businessman who is used to shouting at people and blaming them for any failures in his business. It won't work in government - he's liable to find his email and Twitter account closed on the grounds of national security.
    I've probably worded it badly but I agree with everything you just said that's exactly my point he's a thin skinned man baby who can't stand criticism and doubles down when he's caught out in a lie and will blame any problem real or not on others like the press, his generals, intelligence services etc.  All of which will ultimately make an already strained relationship even worse.  
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    For a man who craves adulation, he's going about things in a rather odd manner - firstly laying into the press and now enraging a significant number of women voters within 72hrs of walking into the oval office.

I really don't understand what his thinking is regarding the press..  does he seriously think that he can counter the collective multiple-media onslaught of a pissed-off press with just a twitter account in 140 characters or less ?  Rule #1: Never get on the wrong side of the press barons.  If they choose to, they can bury Trump.  Does he seriously not realise this ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • ICBM said:
    lol

What I don't understand about this is what Trump's lot think they have to gain by attacking the press over something that the press can very easily prove they're right about - and not in an arcane way, in a simple way that even the average internet conspiracy theorist can understand. *And* in more sophisticated ways, eg with the public transport figures.

Rightly or wrongly the media are a very powerful and dangerous enemy to make.
    But he isn't attacking all of the media. Remember that he has Bannon, a man who has been a central figure in the creation of a new wave of media in the form of Breitbart. Attack the traditional press, make out that they're as establishment as the crooks in Washington, play up to that role, and allow the new media to gain further traction. More and more people are gaining their news from modern media sources, not the old inkies. Why do you think Rupert Murdoch set up HeatStreet and got Louise Mensch on board? He wanted a Breitbart rival and to see how far this could go in terms of influence and profit. 

And that is why it is relevant that Farage is now on the Fox News payroll and some old GOP allies have been dumped. Trump has caused Fox. Consider this: back in August, Lachlan Murdoch (Co-Exec Chairman) was asked if Fox News, on course for its highest rated year, would ever change its strategy. His reply:

""There is no desire or need to shift the position it has in the market."

Well, there is a shift. Farage in, GOP old boys out. That is a fucking shift. 

Ignoring other aspects of his campaign, you have to look at Trump as a man who has gotten to the top position in America without any firm backing for any of the major media outlets. CNN, MSNBC, the GOP and Democrat rags, virtually all of them were against him. Most of the sources backing him were online outlets. I would love a study done into Trump supporters to see how many read a newspaper weekly or subscribed to a newspaper or magazine. My guess is that it would be very few compared to your average Republican non-Trumpite or Democrat voter. 

New media versus old. 

• randellarandella Frets: 4181
    edited January 2017
    octatonic said:
    From what I can tell, the Republicans put the order in place, the Democrats remove it. Executive order ping-pong, every four or eight years. 

Just gotta hope that if you're strapped for cash and need an abortion, there's a Democrat in the White House. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    Heartfeltdawn said:
    I would love a study done into Trump supporters to see how many can read...
    FTFY
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming