DEAD CAT on the BAR -B-Q

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16113
Excuse the Daily Mail click-bait thread title - not what it seems but sad.
We have a large brick built Barbeque which was last used 2 nights ago . I went to belatedly clean it this morning and found a large cat dead laying on what was left of the coals. I recognised it to be a Feral that we sometimes see and sometimes leave food out for.
  It was v cold here last night and I am guessing the cat sensed there was some slight degree of residual warmth left 24 hours after the fire had gone out and lay upon it to keep warm but nevertheless seems to have died of hypothermia .
 I just buried it - beautiful thing ...it's made me quite sad.
 Makes you thing of all those poor creatures and humans who dont have a warm bed on cold nights like last night.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24376
    It could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning - charcoal is a bugger for emitting CO, though how much might have been there after 24h I don't know.  Poor thing.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    No ,I don't think so although I did wonder that but the fire had gone out a day and a half before - it has a big thick mild steel sheet beneath so I guess this retained some slight warmth beneath the ashes.
  • are you sure it wasn't someones pet? we on a daily basis have to collect dead cats and they have to be tagged and stored in a chiller untill they are scanned for a tag and depending on circumstances autopsied.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Very sure.......we live on a farm in the middle of nowhere......had seen it around for a couple of years .One day we came across a Hungarian girl wandering around the farm ......when asked what she was doing she told us looking for the 2 black and white cats that they had released here a year before called Barbie and Ken . W e asked why she released them here and she said her friend had worked at the dairy here years ago and said it was a nice place ..........she didn't want them anymore when her landlord had found she had them ! Beggars belief but they had gone totally feral and we never saw the female after a short while . I had tried to catch them a few times on the odd occaision they were ever spotted .
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    This thread has bummed me out a bit, poor thing
    Yes ,really upset me ....waste of a little life