KaBL - an announcement.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3911
    Damn. I'm still top of the tree in your testimonials too, and that was a good 7 years ago.

This is my only criticism; the thing won't break!

Cheers Rob and best of luck from me too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3083
    Thanks for the stellar products and service Rob. If it's not making you happy any more it's the right decision. 

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• Glad I got my order in just before you pulled the plug, Rob! Good luck...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72427
    Sorry to hear that, but I fully understand - there's a reason why I don't usually make cables for customers, other than one-offs as part of some other job where it's possible to bury the effective pittance profit in a larger amount of work. It just isn't possible for someone like me to compete on price for nothing but the cables unless you're really set up for it and do it virtually full-time so you get the economies of scale. It always surprised me that you charged so little for such good work!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • funhousefunhouse Frets: 124
    Sorry to hear that. I bought a few of your cables a while back and they are top notch. A big thank you and the very best of luck for the future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Great cables, replaced all my boards with them.  Can't understand why you would want to spend any time at Griffin Park though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    edited January 2017
    I'll still ask ya whenever I need a kabl - i don't mind premium price for premium quality and you can always say no!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    I'll still ask ya whenever I need a kabl - i don't mind premium price for premium quality and you can always say no!

Same for me.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    viz said:
    That's exactly it, @viz ;
    If if you run an online shop, you're committed to fulfilling orders ASAP and you can't really say that you're too busy. 

I'll still make cables for people but don't need the pressure of getting orders out within 48hrs. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a shame to hear, 90% of my board has Kabl cables. Good to know we can still get the occasional cable, even if it's on an ad-hoc basis, good stuff.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    Glad to hear you're not winding up the business entirely but it sounds like you're getting the work-life balance about right. Still using xlr leads you made up for me years ago.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72427
    RobDavies said:

I'll still make cables for people but don't need the pressure of getting orders out within 48hrs. :)
    That's extremely good to know. I'll keep recommending you :).

For me, a turnaround of under about 2 weeks is perfectly acceptable on a custom order, and more at holiday time.

Is it best to contact you on here, or by email?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Rob, people will always pay for top quality and top service and we thank you for that. I can understand the family thing, but Griffin Park?
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    heh Rob you are still the Man for connecting me, my thoughts and the noise that comes out the other end of my musical endeavours - enjoy other things, particularly your family ... but if I ever need that special something to make me the bestest  ever I shall be in touch best wishes David ...