SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD....DIVIDED BY 13 - JRT 9/15 COMBO

What's Hot
CastroCastro Frets: 512
edited March 2017 in Amps £
A rare chance in the UK to buy an incredible Divided By 13   JRT 9/15   1x12 combo.

Might trade for a high quality Jazzmaster, Echopark, Thorn, Asher, Fano (Dennis Fano era only) or CS Telecaster.

Lots of photos here: http://imgur.com/a/sBh5u - they're mobile phone shots so excuse the quality.

Recently re-valved and has only done one gig since then.

In very good condition, without any faults other than the speaker covering material is worn around the wooden speaker frame. I'm about to replace this with some great new silver cloth that arrived today....1st March.

Comes with either a soft cover at £1,399 or with a flight case at £1,499 - which was especially made for the amp. Trade value £1,600 and that's generous.

Great value at my asking price(s) and the best amp I have ever owned (beats my previous amps - Carr Slant 6V; Tone King Sky King; Mesa Boogie TA30; Mesa Boogie MK4; Fender Twin Reverb). It's all personal I know and we each hear things differently but I've also played Two Rocks, Magnatones, Swarts and others and whilst others come close I won't stray from this magnificent amp.

So why am I selling if it's that good? Well.....I have another one which is in orange/egg-white livery which I prefer the look of and I have just succumbed to a Trussart Telecaster on the basis that one of the amps would go. It's a one in one out policy these days.

I have over 1,000 mostly music gear transactions on fleabay with impeccable feedback. I also run the Guitar Pedals group on bookface and can provide lots of recent gear trade references if required.

More photos to follow.

Spec
  • 9 Watts, 2 x 6V6, Class A
  • 15 Watts, 2 x EL84, Class AB1
  • Cathode Bias
  • Single Channel, Dual Modes
  • V1, V2, Click, Hi-Cut
  • Half Power Switch (9 Watts)
  • Tube Rectified (5AR4/GZ34)
  • Power Section: Mode 1: 2 x 6V6 GT
  • Power Section: Mode 2: 2 x EL84
  • Preamp: 12AX7's, 5879
  • 4, 8, 16 Ohm output
  • 22W x 21.25H x 10.5D, 48Lbs.

Two amps in one

With an overly stout and painstakingly developed power supply made to accommodate two sets of power tubes, the JRT 9/15 offers the biggest sound in a low wattage amplifier heard to date.

Starting from right to left, the single input of the amplifier (high and low sensitivity) feeds the inputs of two 5879 Pentodes, each with its own volume control and blendable. Each is voiced differently: one is brighter with more clean headroom while the other is gainier and thicker in the low mids. Added to this volume is a 6 position switch which offers a "bright cap" selection. The last knob is a high cut for the overall amplifier. The "Mode" toggle provides a selection of either 9+ Watts with 6V6s, or 15+ Watts with EL84s, offering and exceeding the best tones available in some of our favorite late 50's American 6V6 amplifiers, and our favorite EL84/EL34 English amplifiers. Don't be fooled by its size; this one sounds huge!

Mine - maybe yours - looks exactly like this:

A current used one in the Canada - https://reverb.com/item/4331580-divided-by-13-jrt-9-15

Forum discussion here:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/divided-by-13-jrt-9-15-wow.278819/

Email me kitchensinkdramas@yahoo.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3315
    As an owner and user of one of these (the head) but I have also heard the combo, forget any preconceptions you may have about the dual wattage of 9 and 15 watts respectively. These amps deliver in terms of Real Live Volume and clean headroom and take pedals extremely well.

They also work well at home and deliver a great low volume sound.

Up there with the best and GLWTS
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Cheers Kebabkid I echo your comments. The amp takes my Analogman King of Tone and Prince of Tone exceptionally well and also like the Strymon pedals. I don't miss not having an effects loop or reverb. This amp is da bomb! Arguably the best £1,350 investment on the board right now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Not sure if just me but I can't see the pictures
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
    I have one of these and for small to medium gigs it's fantastic. Can dial in bite and breakup at useable volumes and it loves od pedals! 
    beautifily put together too! 
    I agree Alex335 it's one of the all-time great amps.
    edited February 2017
    Possible px.....
    Still for sale 
  • Played one belonging to @Kebabkid - astonishingly good tone. 
  • Yes, could you upload a pic that works please mate? I can't see it.

Cheers
    ÷13 lucky for someone 
    A new piece of speaker cloth arrived today so the amp will look as good as new again.
    Don't be put off by the no.13 this is a stunning amp.
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
    How is this still here at that price!!!.. I'm shocked!!
    Agreed Alex. People are spending £1300 on lesser amps in my humble opinion of course.
    I must be mad letting it go for this....