Life Insurance advice required.

What's Hot
Never had life insurance as never had a need for it, but since Mrs. Cbilly22 and I had Little Miss.Cbilly22 I feel I really should get some sorted out. So a very simple question, does anyone have any first hand experience of particular companies or any suggestions for a broker than may save me a lot of work.
Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I used one of the ones Martin Lewis recommended and ended up with cover from Bright grey. No trusts or any of that malarkey.
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Look on the Aviva website they offer a free 1 year cover for new parents, not much but free. Any of the big providers offer term assurance which depending on age and health is pretty cheap. I would disagree with Moe, trusts are essential so get some advice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Simple ....just stay on the right side of the ground !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2017
    I have all sorts of bits of LA around from different savings policies and even a £1000 offered Free for life (!) in a promotion back in 90s. Trouble is - is no-one to benefit from them and if there was they would probably never find all the paper work...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    All our business and personal cover is done through LV.  They've always been helpful and the rates seem competitive.  The thing with life assurance is that your rates are based on circumstances at the time you take out the policy.  If/when you're an old git like most of us on here they increase the fees if you've seen a medic for anything more than an ingrown toenail.  Stuff that happens after the policy is taken out will be covered.  The other way to look at protecting your family is to consider what protection your personal pension might give.  Again, if you haven't got one, the earlier you sign up the cheaper it is.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    57Deluxe said:
    I have all sorts of bits of LA around from different savings policies and even a £1000 offered Free for life (!) in a promotion back in 90s. Trouble is - is no-one to benefit from them and if there was they would probably never find all the paper work...
    You can adopt me ..........at least you would have somebody to jam with
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    Thanks guys, all gives me somewhere to start.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3592
    There are two possibilities you might consider. In addition to a joint policy on your lives which pays in the event of either death leaving the other capable of full time care for the family. Also consider a with profits or endowment policy that pays out to little Ms cbilly22 when she attains the age of 18 (or 21). that way she has a college fund or first car fund and you've made small payments over the long term which is less hurty on the pocket. For the latter it needs to insure an adult life, pick the Mrs if she is younger - again cheaper premiums.