Giving feedback for online sales...

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5003
This (giving positive feedback) is one aspect of online sales that really pi$$e$ me off.  We bought a new TV and a DVD player from a nationally known brick and mortar shop soon after Christmas.  We selected the items in their shop, paid for them and brought them home.  We did not have to write up a glowing report on the buying experience and all that jazz.  Yet if we went online and bought the same items from the same company, we would have to 'award' them 5 stars for getting the boxes to our house.

Next thing the pizza home delivery service will be looking for feedback.....  

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I give this thread 1 star. Will not read again 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @Flink_Poyd - made you look ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Bastard!
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Bastard!
    @Flink_PoydB)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12450
    Afaik you don't HAVE to do a review if you buy online. Amazon always pester me to do a review as soon as I've bought something but I rarely bother unless I've had a totally brilliant (or totally crap) experience of the product or the service from the supplier. If if I saw a company that got consistently rubbish reviews for service I'd avoid them, so the reviews do serve a purpose. 
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited January 2017
    Rocker said:
     Yet if we went online and bought the same items from the same company, we would have to 'award' them 5 stars for getting the boxes to our house.

And what, pray tell, do you believe would happen if you decided not to leave them a 5-star review?

It must have been a particularly slow day in the Rocker household for this to be the subject of your rage against the world. If you hadn't just received a feedback email from Dixons we would probably be suffering, "Why are sheep so often white? Dogs are usually brown. Why can't sheep usually be brown like dogs? Next thing we know they will all fly and shit razor wire."

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I always like the over enthusiastic literal hair tearing reviewers, ones that follow up crap and possibly ignorant reviews with an extra review latched on to it, like a mini forum thread. 

There is always some agitated tech nazi who never sleeps and won't let it lie going off on one, all the while getting further and further detached from reality as he rights the wrongs in more and more reviews for their ignorant content, like the women who left a negative review because her new TV wouldn't switch on whilst it wasn't plugged in, or the guy who opened his pizza box upside down.. 

It does make me laugh,

I think it must be like therapy for some people.  I imagine Emp does stuff like this a lot.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i never review. I think that they do them fo damage limitation in that if theres a problem they would rather you vent on a review than blab on twitter or facebook.  I once got asked to review an insurance policy id taken out. i said il review it if i need to make a claim as thats when il know if its good or not
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11486
    The only reviews I can remember doing have been for Thomann to get some vouchers.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24694
    crunchman said:
    The only reviews I can remember doing have been for Thomann to get some vouchers.
    That. Mostly. 50 notes was useful.

But if I've been really really impressed with something then I might.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    If you do an on-line review, at least make it memorable (not mine I regret to say):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R231U4ZG0YDNHD
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5050
    edited January 2017
    I've left a couple over the years, and only because I've had truly commendable service or after-sales when required.

One was for a t-shirt (yes, really) I'd ordered as a present for a friend. Ordered from a firm in Florida, Hermes simply failed to deliver and sent it back with "refused delivery" as the reason, surprise surprise, and yes I was in at the "refused" time stated. Firm initially queried it due to being "refused", but when I asked their on-line advisor why would I refuse an item I clearly wanted and had already paid for they were like "Yep, makes no sense at all, we'll courier it back to you at our expense, and review our use of UK delivery options". I got the T-shirt redelivered from Florida by FedEx 48 hours later! That was worth a good review in my book.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I don't know about you but I always get a 'How did we do?' email every time I order a pizza online.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    Places like Currys now have green/yellow/red buttons next to the till (or by the door) to give a similar thing to online reviews of the shop
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    As someone who always reads the reviews before buying things I do feel a duty to also review things myself - otherwise all reviews will just be written by weirdos who have too much time on their hands.

If I were to buy this T-shirt with 3 wolves on then maybe I would join the epic reviews here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00EVDYHZ6/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • @Rocker you ok Hun?
    How very rock and roll
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5003
    @Rocker you ok Hun?
    say again please
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• It's a joke what young trendy people say - I believe. Just checking that you're good and not too stressed out or owt 
    How very rock and roll
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5003
    Thanks for the clarification @benmurray85.  I am fine thanks....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom