Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rant!!!!! The Plot Thickens

What's Hot
professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
Robinson's Citroen in Peterborough, what a fucking bunch of bellends.......
booked my works van in for this morning, at 8:30 ( earliest they do, bearing in mind I usually hit the road at 5, I'm already 3 hours behind on my day) for a service and estimate to repair the front quarter after a smash on a roundabout ( not my fault ovbs lol)
"No problem" said lady on phone, "great" I replied, giving all details about the work needing doing, my employers details etc.

arrived this morning and was told by girl on desk "oh we don't have a bodyshop, and we don't do commercial vehicles"
"you what now??!" I asked
"yes we don't repair commercial vehicles and we don't have a body repair shop" she said
"so my morning has been totally wasted then?" I said
she looked blank, but that may have just been her default expression.
"right then, I'll be going" I walked out.

had to then phone the other engineer who was meeting me there to pick me up and rearrange our day as it had been based around me leaving the van there and going to work in his.

phone the first lady that I had booked my van in with, and asks why she had even booked me in the first place, turns out they DO service commercial vehicles, but don't have a bodyshop, they use a 3rd party that has recently decided to not take commercial customers.......
WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF BEING A DEALERSHIP IF YOU DONT PROVIDE A FULL COMPLIMENT OF SERVICES??!?

i am really pissed off by it, as now I've had to book in with a proper garage and wait a week to get my bloody van serviced and an estimate.

I really should have expected nothing more than a shitty level of customer service on par with the appalling quality of the vehicle my Citroen is.

Citroen are really a pile of wank.

i feel a bit better now.

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    edited January 2017
    Calm down, dear, it's only a commercial! (vehicle, that is...)

But seriously, so much of this stuff happens, it's left hand and right hand.  They book stuff in on a system, then never look again to see if the system has changed/failed/been updated.  Mucho sympathy!
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    Calm down, dear, it's only a commercial! (vehicle, that is...)

But seriously, so much of this stuff happens, it's left hand and right hand.  They book stuff in on a system, then never look again to see if the system has changed/failed/been updated.  Mucho sympathy!
    The irony is it was just the girl on the desk that messed up, apart from the bodyshop thing I guess, that's a fuck up.......
    14 hours later and I'm still fuming!!!
    in fact I'm getting angrier me especially since Citroen Reviews declined my review!!!!

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    I won't buy a Citroen then.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Take it to Twitter/Facebook etc... they seem to listen better on there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    I won't buy a Citroen then.
    At least not a Dispatch van, it's the most miserable 12 months of driving I've ever experienced.
  • joeyowen said:
    Take it to Twitter/Facebook etc... they seem to listen better on there
    If I was on either I would  :s
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Complement.

HTH.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Back in my white van man days we always used to call them Shitroens. Case closed......
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited January 2017
    Owner of an 11 year old Citroen Zsara Picasso here, passed every MOT, never let us down and still going strong. Best car we've ever owned. Will be buying a new Citroen this year.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Owner of an 11 year old Citroen Zsara Picasso here, passed every MOT, never let us down and still going strong. Best car we've ever owned. 
    That's the kiss of death then  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    To be fair, it's not the fault of the brand. This is just typical behaviour for a main car dealership.

I had a similar experience with Evans Halshaw - booked a repair for 8am, the first available appointment, and was told it was a half-hour job - no problem, I could get it done and then do my usual day's work. Got there at 7.45 to be sure I wasn't late, and was asked to wait. By nine o'clock with no sign of anything being done I was getting annoyed, so asked how long it would be - was told it would be a couple of hours as there was a queue. WTF? Why did you book an appointment for 8 when it was a first-come-first-served system? I then had to spend half an hour phoning customers to explain that I wouldn't be able to work that day…

When they finally did come out and say they'd done it at about 12, they hadn't done the job properly - it was a dash display replacement, and the car's mileage is stored in a memory module in that unit. I turned on the ignition and saw "000000", so I went back inside and asked why they hadn't set it to the previous mileage which I had been told would be done, and they had written it down. "Oh, we can't do that - we're not allowed to alter the mileage reading in the computer." WTF?! They told me specifically that they would - so now I have a car with what looks like falsified mileage. (Luckily I don't plan on selling it any time soon.)

And then, finally when I went to pay for it, the girl at the desk said "we've done a free safety check on your car, and identified the following critical faults which have an estimate of £450 to do - would you like me to book it in?" Before replying I had to remind myself it wasn't her fault personally and to resist the temptation to punch her, before saying "that's interesting… the car was MOT'd last week and they didn't find *any* of that. Do you want me to call the MOT garage and put them on to your workshop so they can discuss it? And was any of the three and a half hours of my time you've wasted down to trying to screw money out of me for this?" She looked extremely embarrassed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it is a brand issue. They make terrible vans. Which is staggering considering the ford transit exists, just build one like that and put your name on it. 

• evans halshall bunch of wankers, few years ago bought a 3 yr old focus from them, developed a water pump fault a week later, wanted to charge me to fix it, made a fuss and even got them to lend me a courtesy car while they fixed it, was suppose to be next day. they called me saying it would be two days,due to holidays etc. i said no problem as i had the courtesy car. then they said they needed the courtesy car back next day. i told them not until my one was fixed properly. then i had various managers calling me the next day demanding the courtesy car back. I said im not bringing it back until mine was ready. eventually it was but i insisted on test driving it until id hand the courtesy back. no further problems but they kept calling me every year to try and book mine in for servicing
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    evans halshall bunch of wankers, few years ago bought a 3 yr old focus from them, developed a water pump fault a week later, wanted to charge me to fix it, made a fuss and even got them to lend me a courtesy car while they fixed it, was suppose to be next day. they called me saying it would be two days,due to holidays etc. i said no problem as i had the courtesy car. then they said they needed the courtesy car back next day. i told them not until my one was fixed properly. then i had various managers calling me the next day demanding the courtesy car back. I said im not bringing it back until mine was ready. eventually it was but i insisted on test driving it until id hand the courtesy back. no further problems but they kept calling me every year to try and book mine in for servicing
    I would never have gone near them, except that the dash unit was a main-dealer-only replacement part - exactly because it contains the mileage and service history memory unit - with a subsidised cost due to being a known fault.

What worries me is the number of people - who either don't know that much about cars, and/or hadn't had it MOT'd very recently - who would simply accept what they said about the 'safety faults' at face value and pay them to do at best excessive and at worst totally unnecessary work.

I'll certainly never go there again for anything I can't get from an independent.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2017
    Think yourself lucky that modern Citoens haven't got Hydraulic Suspension still! When it has a few miles under its belt it pisses the stuff out of every conceivable orifice and is a constant struggle to get a full erection! MOT fail every single year!

Although, my BX GT went like a fcuking train!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03127/Citroen_BX_GTi_3127635k.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I remember talking to a fella in roadside recovery and he stated that hands down, anything French was by far the most unreliable vehicles around at the moment. Japanese by far the most reliable on average.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

• Motorhate said:
    Why oh why oh why oh why did you buy a Citroen? Worst. Cars. Ever.

I remember talking to a fella in roadside recovery and he stated that hands down, anything French was by far the most unreliable vehicles around at the moment. Japanese by far the most reliable on average.
    had a renault once, piece of shit,   cam belt broke at 60,000 miles,   apparently quite common,  car was a writeoff
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Motorhate said:

That info is a bit out of date really.  Japanese cars used to be great.  Sadly, that's no longer the case, they've gone downhill since about 2000.
  • Motorhate said:

I didn't. 
    The company gave me a brand new Citroen, taking away my 3 yr old Transit.....I'd swap back in a heartbeat!!!
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    The diesel xara picasso was the car they got right. Loved mine, had it years and wish I never traded it in for a newer ford.