What 2x12 extension cab?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'll start the search for a 2nd hand HB vintage 2x12!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    ICBM said:
    John_P said:

I've not used the mod 70s before but they don't get bad reviews - is there a celestion model that sounds similar?
    Not really - Jensens have a very different voicing from any Celestion, much brighter and with more ragged overtones when pushed hard, which can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you want.

The Mod 70 is among the tighter and more conventional-sounding ones though.
    Yup, I have 2 x Jensen C10Q16's in my Laney VC30-210. Great reviews prompted me try the 210 version, and these are great speakers that give the amp a very vintagy toppier tone.  Very different to Celestion.  Someone on the Laney forum tried 2 x 10 Celestion G10 Greenbacks and whilst these are pretty good speakers too, he was underwhelmed. They simply didn't have the vintagy snap, clarity and sparkle of the Jensens, and he put the Jensen's back in.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    I actually  removed my celestion  v30 from my harley benton caband dropped a jensen mod 12 35 in. To my ears it sounded  far more articulate and tonefull especially  at lower volumes. I really like the jensen mod sound
  • I have a zilla vintage 2x12 loaded with 2 celestion g12 100s with Closed back and open backed options that I'm thinking of selling. Birch ply construction and it's in SNAKESKIN!
    let me know if it's something you fancy looking at :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToonToon Frets: 57
    I use a Marshall 2061cx 212 and it's fab. 2 x Celestion G12H. Almost the size of a 412, looks the part but much lighter. Check it out.

I am not young enough to know everything

• I've got a Matrix NL212, which is probably the best cab I've ever had. It's light (about 12kg), sounds brilliant and it's cheap.

Oh, wait. It's not cheap at all (about £500), but well worth it if you want to save your back.
    <space for hire>