Anyone skiing/snowboarding this year?

What's Hot
A couple of people at work keep talking about it and I found myself watching a YouTube channel I had never heard of until yesterday (link below) at lunchtimes that makes me wanna just get a trip booked.

I was thinking Austria but am undecided.

So where are you lot going?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Thinking of selling all my gear this year. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    Well that's kicked the thread off on a negative note...

How come? Just not getting enough use out of them?

I would need to buy a new pair of goggles and new boots before I go.  Got the board/bindings and all the other gear & clothing though.  So yeah that would be £200, on top of actually booking the trip.  I haven't been for 4 year (France) and now I am just wondering why I have let those years/trips slip by.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    edited January 2017
    *IF* I go again it'll be the usual Trois Vallées weekend jaunt, late in the season

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Haha, I didn't mean to bring the thread down!
    I really enjoy boarding and love going up Cairngorm. I didn't board for a few years following an accident and when I did go back I didn't feel fully confident so have been dithering since. I'm going self employed which puts a new spin on things too as any accident will leave me without income. After the previous accident I was off for 3 and a half months but thankfully on full pay.

Oh, and I'm moving in with my girlfriend soon and it's bad enough that I'm bringing 11 guitars and a mountain bike with me... ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really want to go but the cost is prohibitive. I'd like some tips on how to bring the cost down, considering we have 2 school age kids who also qualify as adults for most things - clothing, flights, hotels, etc.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Val D'Isere 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Try Les Contamines.  Drive down to save money/hassle.  Book accommodation etc. via the Mairie.  Ambulance/hospitals/surgeons very good too DAMHIK.
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
    edited January 2017
    I'm hoping to go on my stag ;) Last time I was snowboarding was in Quebec, Christmas '04! Fuck me thats a lot longer than I thought.

I'd really love it to be something I did regularly but it is very costly.