SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer for sale. 2005 Les Paul Faded Tobacco Burst

What's Hot
jeromegreendayjeromegreenday Frets: 173
edited January 2017 in Guitars £

Hey Guys,

It's with a heavy heart I'm umming and ahhing about selling my 2005 Les Paul Faded in Tobacco Burst. You know the Criac, It was the only year they came weight relieved and in my opinion the best colour. I'm based in Croydon and I'd be after £1650 firm that includes next day FEDEX delivery.

To quickly explain how good this guitar is years ago I saved up for a Les Paul thinking it would be the best guitar ever. I was underwhelmed, it was thick and compressed and wooly, I just assumed I had a bad one. Then I went through a bit of a James Dean Bradfield phase and got an Alpine White Custom. Again run of the mill, compressed, wooly, bland, choked boomy etc etc. I A/B'd it with other les paul's and it sounded the same so I just guessed it was me and I wasn't a humbucker Les Paul guy. I'd always wanted a Tobacco burst faded so thought I'd get one just as eye candy. WOW this guitar is so resonant, it breathes, it's articulate and responsive, lively. It just has Mojo. It pee's over every Les Paul I've compared it to, standards and customs. A friend of mine whose played an R9 was like 'yeah it's up there' Anywho here's some pics if your interested message me or ask away with your questions and we can go into more depth.

photo P1030561_zpsdkv9fwgkjpgphoto P1030560_zpsqbc1lf6bjpg

photo P1030564_zpstkkpaq8djpgphoto P1030566_zpssxtnkc4bjpgphoto P1030568_zps4ts93kbrjpgphoto P1030569_zps8zri89lsjpgphoto P1030571_zpskeq79pfzjpgphoto P1030563_zps0lg7ciyzjpg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Very pretty!

What's the neck profile, 50s or 60s?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeromegreendayjeromegreenday Frets: 173
    edited January 2017
    Therein lies a question that I've always thought about! I bought it being told it was a 60's neck. I owned a ES 335 with a 60's slim taper neck and it's definitely not as slim as that and it's not a 50s baseball bat neck, it's inbetween?! I'll check the inspection card later and see if it has a 5 or a 6 on the neck carve number.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited January 2017
    Ooh, nice.

But later models were also weight-relieved.  For the Faded geek, this might be interesting:

2005: Traditional weight relief, 50's and 60's necks, Burstbucker Pros
    2006: Traditional weight relief, 50's and 60's necks, Burstbucker Pros (60's necks and traditional weight relief production stopped sometime in October.  End of 2006 guitars have 2007 specs)
    2007: Chambered, 50's necks only, Burstbucker Pros
    2008: Chambered, 50's necks only, Burstbucker Pros
    2009: Traditional weight relief, 50's necks only, Burstbucker Pros

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073

I'm umming and ahhing about selling my 2005 Les Paul Faded in Tobacco Burst.

I'd always wanted a Tobacco burst faded so thought I'd get one just as eye candy.

Are you sure you're describing the colour right? It doesn't look anything like Tobacco Burst to me, more Iike Teaburst or similar.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited January 2017
    Officially, these only came in honey, tobacco, and cherry burst.  But the colours do vary.  I'd definitely call that a tobacco burst, comparatively speaking.

These are totally the shiz, by the way.  I have two and absolutely love them.  I'd buy every single one I come across if I had the funds.
  • Oi, Jerome. You said you would notify me when you were gonna sell this!
    for anyone looking to buy this, I've played it and it is an absolute MONSTER of a guitar (a good monster)
    jerome is also a gentleman to deal with too!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • Your right. No longer for sale Withdrawn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom