An EQ pedal that'll run at line level?

What's Hot
BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
Firstly. Does such a thing exist? 

Secondly if it does exist can you point be in the direction of the best ones that'll fit on a small pedal board and that'll provide me with a 6 band eq with a level control to give more output for solos.

Thanks in advance

Bo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not necessarily an eq but is a boost, works at line level, is std pedal size to fit on a board and has 2 band active eq: http://www.magneticeffects.net/shop/zola
    new to the market, check out the demos, looks ace!
    we'll be getting them in stock next wk, but magnetic have them in now.

for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    not necessarily an eq but is a boost, works at line level, is std pedal size to fit on a board and has 2 band active eq: http://www.magneticeffects.net/shop/zola
    new to the market, check out the demos, looks ace!
    we'll be getting them in stock next wk, but magnetic have them in now.

I'm a bit confused - I've watched the demo but instead of being a clean boost it seems to be adding tons of overdrive??

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited January 2017
    Firstly. Does such a thing exist? 

Secondly if it does exist can you point be in the direction of the best ones that'll fit on a small pedal board and that'll provide me with a 6 band eq with a level control to give more output for solos.

Thanks in advance

Bo
    I'm not exactly sure what your set-up is to need a line-level EQ but IMO one of the best stomp EQ's around is the MXR M108.  It's a 10-band EQ that operates at 18v and has both gain and volume level sliders.  As far as level controls go, nearly all stomp EQ's have a level control including the two I use: Boss GE-7 and Behringer EQ700.  

However, none of these are designed for Line level - but if it's to go on your pedal board I'm unclear as to why you need a pedal designed for Line level - I thought it was only rack units that were designed for line level? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Jet City amps need line level pedals for the fx loop.
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    @Voxman ;

He is using the boost to overdrive the amp. All the drive is coming from the amp, not the pedal.

For clean tones check out this video.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Ok, two I am aware of;

1) Rack TC 1220 Para EQ
    2) The pedal version of the 1220 DUAL Paramet EQ

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Oh yeah, the Boss EQ20 does it too.

Out of interest, for the boost, have you thought about just putting a patch cord in the loop and set the loop level lower, then step on your loop bypass switch to get back to your higher (normal) level?

In other words, you don't need anything in the loop, just use your loop level knob for the volume difference you want.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

edited January 2017
    Bidley said:
    Is BowynMadley 's amp a Jet City? (it's just that there was no info in the OP).  That seems a strange design - why would you limit the FX loop in that way?  Even on my old Marshall Valvestate 8080 there's a loop level switch for either -20dB or 0dB. 
  • My amp is an RD Dualist. It has the same effects loop as a two rock, jet city, soldano, bludotone. It's not that uncommon to have a line level effects loop. @Gassage thanks for your input but unfortunately there the loop levels are internally set so have no adjustment. I currently use a tc nova repeater in the loop for delay but want something to use asome a solo boost that I can dial in what frequencies I want to cut or boost if that makes sense. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Voxman said:
    Bidley said:
    Is BowynMadley 's amp a Jet City? (it's just that there was no info in the OP).  That seems a strange design - why would you limit the FX loop in that way?  Even on my old Marshall Valvestate 8080 there's a loop level switch for either -20dB or 0dB. 
    Tell me about it. I really wanted a Jet City (I know the new ones have a different FX loop design) but the loop makes it unusable for me. I think it's the "tube buffered" design or something (there are others here who know far more about it).
  • @Magnetic_Effects so the zola will run at line level in an effects loop for a solo boost that can add and cut treble and bass?
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Not sure if any of these suggestions are going to be of use but have you checked out the Revival Electric Metric EQ?
    http://www.revivalelectric.com/metric/

They also now do an even smaller pedal form but that  probably won't have the full control you're after.  

The Empress Paraeq may also be worth a look.  I think that can have the voltage internally changed to alter headroom if I remember correctly which may help with line level.  Plus there's a separate boost mode which is footswitchable.
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    @BowynMadley Yes, correct.
  • Sounds like you need something like a Dumbleator to drop the level from line to pedal, then bump it back up to line for the power amp stage?

I have a Van Weelden Twinkeator for sale, thatll do exactly that
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    In my experience the mxr 10 band eq seems to work ok in a loop with a high line level, perhaps because it runs at 18V. My Maxon eq, which runs a at 9V, seems to struggle though.
    rawk100 said:
    In my experience the mxr 10 band eq seems to work ok in a loop with a high line level, perhaps because it runs at 18V. My Maxon eq, which runs a at 9V, seems to struggle though.
    Good to know, thanks for clarifying.