PSA, Sky and Now TV Customers could lose Discovery Channel Network

What's Hot
Had a quick look through and couldn't see this mentioned anywhere.
According to news today and Discovery Website, they are in dispute with Sky over what Sky pay for the programming.
Discovery have threatened to pull all of their channels from 31st January, they've "hijacked" their own website in order to put the news out.
It won't really bother me, other than paying the same fee for less channels, but my wife will be pissed she will lose TLC!

More details here - 

http://keepdiscovery.co.uk/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    Fuck Sky!

I'm on VM so we're alright! (still no Sky Atlantic though)
  • wibble said:
    Fuck Sky!

I was with Virgin until recently, but found the OnDemand offerings appalling next to Sky. And Sky Q is very nice, much better interface than the slow and terrible one I experienced on VM!

Still hate lining the pockets of Premier League footballers though, but we all have our crosses to bear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wibble said:
    Fuck Sky!

I was with Virgin until recently, but found the OnDemand offerings appalling next to Sky. And Sky Q is very nice, much better interface than the slow and terrible one I experienced on VM!

Still hate lining the pockets of Premier League footballers though, but we all have our crosses to bear.
    Whichever option is picked results in being overcharged and being a bit dissatisfied.  I wish I could go back to not having any kind of cable/satellite television but it's impossible to go back.  

I agree about VM's interface not being the best and Sky are cunts. 

Stuck with Sky though it seems. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Whichever option is picked results in being overcharged and being a bit dissatisfied.  I wish I could go back to not having any kind of cable/satellite television but it's impossible to go back.  

I agree about VM's interface not being the best and Sky are cunts. 

Stuck with Sky though it seems. 
    Yep, I wish I could go back to no cable/satellite TV, but because I am unwilling to pirate TV Shows/Movies etc I would miss out on too much TV, and thanks to the internet being full of spoilers it's just not possible to wait for a box set release of it either!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24704
    Losing the TLC shite will annoy the wife and daughters and will also please me greatly.

I will continue to be annoyed at the need to have BT Sport and Sky Sports to get all the rugby.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Where will I watch Jack the Ripper documentaries daily?
  • The message has just been streaming during fast n loud.