My bikes have been stolen... where to look?

Sometime in the last couple of weeks some cnut(s) stole my bicycles (mountain and road) from my garage. Police can't help predictably. I know it's a long shot as decent bikes often get stripped for parts but I would at least want to try and find them. Anyone know (aside from gumtree/eBay) any active forums/Facebook groups/other places that often deal with selling second hand bikes? 

Thanks..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1761

bikeradar (similar to musicradar) had a forum which I think is still live.

maybe also try local facebay groups etc?

Or even ask in local bike shops

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    What a bummer.

My mountain bike is an expensive Kona Kula deluxe, I keep it disassembled in the cupboard under the stairs. The Gas/electricity meter readers grumble when they turn up but it ain't going in the garage! 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    Sometime in the last couple of weeks some cnut(s) stole my bicycles (mountain and road) from my garage. Police can't help predictably. I know it's a long shot as decent bikes often get stripped for parts but I would at least want to try and find them. Anyone know (aside from gumtree/eBay) any active forums/Facebook groups/other places that often deal with selling second hand bikes? 

Thanks..
    Sorry to hear that, I know from a few personal experiences that it's a horrible feeling to have our bike stolen :-(
    I'm not sure where you are but the issue we have hear in York is that most of the time the thieves take the stolen bikes to nearby cities like Leeds, Bradford, Hull so they unfortunately never turn up in the local shops. Obviously its different if they're just nicked by some local junkie, then they'll probably turn up in the nearest and most obvious shop!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • goatgoat Frets: 98
    Dirty low down sons of bitches http://singletrackworld.com/forum/forum/classifieds & www.pinkbike.com For MTB bikes/parts. Local cash generator or similar. Maybe worth checking local car boots this weekend. Set up a saved search on ebay for your specific models.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I had 2 KTM trekking/city bikes stolen and they never showed up anywhere, god knows what happened to them. Good luck!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.