Speaker upgrade - are there other speakers that will just 'drop fit' into Celestion bolt spacings?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    rico said:
    @Voxman ;how are you getting on with the new speaker? I used the 401 at band practice today and I was very very impressed indeed. I had to double check that the bass player wasn't playing my riffs it was that punchy in the low end! Has some serious chunk and very smooth across all frequencies. 

Also it is a hell of a lot louder but that my well be the result of fresh power valves. Very happy indeed. Thanks @ICBM and others for the recommendation!
    Speaker arrived today - haven't unpacked it yet as I've just come back from a meeting in Canary Wharf and am a bit cream-crackered, but I'll unpack, install & try it out hopefully tomorrow.   ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Voxman said:
    rico said:
    @Voxman ;how are you getting on with the new speaker? I used the 401 at band practice today and I was very very impressed indeed. I had to double check that the bass player wasn't playing my riffs it was that punchy in the low end! Has some serious chunk and very smooth across all frequencies. 

Also it is a hell of a lot louder but that my well be the result of fresh power valves. Very happy indeed. Thanks @ICBM and others for the recommendation!
    Speaker arrived today - haven't unpacked it yet as I've just come back from a meeting in Canary Wharf and am a bit cream-crackered, but I'll unpack, install & try it out hopefully tomorrow.   ;)
    Hopefully you'll be as blown away as I am! Maybe literally, it's a loud beast now. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    The Classic Lead 80 is now in, see new thread.  ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)