reverb pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I'm playing mostly nylon string Latin-jazz-classical inspired stuff at the moment, and what I've found is that a reverb that works well for solid body electric tones is not necessarily the best choice for nylon.

Case in point is the BigSky - incredible with humbuckers and single coils but I can't get the sound I want for my nylon string.

I find the RV-6 plate setting is much more subtle and usable 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • supernatural and Polara same pedal? Do they change the tone of your original signal?

---They're not the same pedal but some of the modes are very closely the same (same algorithms but tweaked a bit). 

The spring and plate modes are effectively the same across the two. The other modes are a little bit different. 

The Polara focuses more on "normal" verbs and the Supernatural more on "ambient" ones. I've owned both and they're both very good pedals, no complaints about the dry signal. I kept the Polara because I wasn't too keen on the super modulated stuff. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Much prefer the Boss RV-6 to the Hall of Fame, all the settings are useful and sounds great. Sold my HoF after a few months. Had the RV-6 for a year and still on honeymoon with it. 

Would look at the Polara if I wasn't so enamored with the Boss. 

Boss take a lot of beating in most FX. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    nice one guys! For those who have owned the HOF, RV6 Polara would you say one had better plate, spring and modulated modes. 
    They all sound like winners really!
    RV6 has beautiful sounds at home but for me the HOF worked better live.  And live I tend to use reverb as a spot or song effect rather than "always on". 
    The only 'verb I like more for live is my current one:  Strymon Flint -- but that, of course, is more than just a reverb, and it has a bigger footprint than the Boss and HOF put together.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Richardj said:
    Found the RV-6 and HOF spring setting too metallic and clunky. HOF cathedral setting however is lovely. 

I genuinely found the RV-6 and HOF disappointing, I personally didn't many sounds in them I really liked, it was just too digital and artificial. Which is why I went back to the Supernatural.
    If anyone finds the HOF artificial, turn the tone down. That should help. Reverb sounds artificial when too much high frequencies are reverberated because in real life, the lows travel further and get reflected more than highs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks!

i know this wasn't in the criteria before but would a strymon flint be the best pedal? I'm thinking as the input and output on those are on top it probably won't take up that much more room then the other pedals. So this will be on option. I was thinking realistically if I'm playing live with I need all the sounds of the tc. Maybe just the simple hall, spring and plate is all I need! 

Whats you experiences with the flint compared?
  • I have the MXR Reverb and it's great.  I have the Boss RV-5 for sale. if youre interested let me know mate.  
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader

These things are just as personal to choose as drives and comps etc, but for me Polara beats HoF if you want spring. Generally I though the Polara was more synthetic sounding and a bit thin/bright except in hall, plate and spring. Rolling off the treble just lost the verb. Halo got old after a few mins. Hof spring's not much cop but I liked it's modulated setting and hall, and it sat 'behind' well. I had it always on with just a little plate, to add that bit of air without being an 'effect'.

In the end I sold those and a trem, and got a Flint; the verbs are great for me, as is the trem, and while it's wide I did lose two pedals in getting it.