SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Korean L5C jazz box

goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
edited May 2017 in Guitars £
Pix in second post, below

This is an L5C copy in a lovely understated and warm cherry sunburst. Full depth, big bodied like an L5C but with a laminated body like an ES-175. Gold hardware, ebony pickguard, mult-iply binding all round, MoP and what looks like abalone inlays. It has a Mimesis floating neck pickup wired straight through to an output socket on the bottom edge. Pickup installed and the guitar set up for flat-wounds by Bill Puplett.

As you can see, the guitar is 100% unbranded. It was a run of 12 made by Young Chang in Korea for the German guitar dealer George Kuklinski (Essen). They supplied it to him with no electronics, and I chose the Mimesis after taking Bill's advice.

I bought the guitar in 2003. Sadly, when googling for more details, I just found out that 'Guitar George' died in 2006. He was a gent, back when Ebay was a great way to buy and sell. Anyway, it was NOS then, and as my jazz chops are lacking, it's had perhaps 10 hours playing in all these years, and it 99% mint. Perhaps a little dust in the nooks, and less shine on the gold hardware.

Price: £300

Collection from Cambridge (no case, no box, no trust courier!)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    The photos, courtesy of the Ebay listing (£350 no reserve)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump (big price drop)
    edited March 2017
    Bump for trade offers. If you have any of the below to trade (with cash either way), I'm all ears:
    * Eventide H9 Max
    * dual humbucker solid body double-cut guitar (no trem, tallish frets, full working order)

• danowensdanowens Frets: 27
    I have an original MicroKorg if you're interested? I also have a TC Helicon Voicetone Synth to trade. 
    Neither float my boat, I'm afraid. Sozzle, etc. :)
    Bumping this one more time.

But now I am only interested in straight sale, or a PX/trade for a dual HB set neck, hardtail electric. Don't mind if it's a bit bashed up as long as it plays well. In fact, I'd prefer one with wear and tear, as it'll be left out and used in the workshop.