JC or EVH?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• You don't fancy one of those new Eleven floor processors then. The Helix ripoff lol? 
    Nope. Their demos of it - combined with their responses (or lack thereof) on social media - have taken me from "Definitely going to get one" to "Not a chance in hell, matey".

They're basically the most unresponsive company I've come across since Avid; I see that as a relevant comparison. When I can get an almost-instant response from a massive company like Line 6/Yamaha but not a single response to a simple question ("Does it have delay/reverb spillover?") in a whole month, it's not a good sign. Asking that question basically results in no further responses from them on any given thread.

Also, it sounded pretty gash on the DI demos.

So...I'm going to buy from the company that has the better track record of talking to people instead.

Yeah I don't blame you. I had the same with Bad cat when I needed info about their attenuator. Zero response despite numerous emails and messages to their Facebook page/feeds

Good manufacturer support goes a long way 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Indeed. As it happens, I've just picked up a Bogner Red for a low price, so I'm pretty much sorted until such a time as I can afford the Helix. Just need to find a preamp pedal to go at the end of the chain...it'd be really nice if Mooer would hurry up and get their preamps up for sale...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    I'm reading some stuff about differences betwen effects loop on jc 22 vs 50, but cant make out if one is good or bad. Whats the simple explanation?
  • darius said:
    I'm reading some stuff about differences betwen effects loop on jc 22 vs 50, but cant make out if one is good or bad. Whats the simple explanation?
    JCA50H: Effects loop is line level (and, in some cases, slightly hotter than that), and sits before the tone stack. In real terms, that means that you need pedals that are capable of handling line-level signals (eg TC Electronic Toneprint pedals like the Flashback, Digitech DL8, Zoom MS70CDR), and delay repeats are slightly less distinct than you'd expect.

JCA22H: Effects loop is still line level (but doesn't get too hot), and sits after the master volumes. You still need pedals like the ones listed above, but repeats are a lot clearer. Also, apparently as a result of the different position, you get a bit more gain out of both channels.

The JCA22H is a much better amp from this perspective.
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17621
    tFB Trader
    Also makes the JCA22H better for running modellers into the fx loop.
    Boss dd3 ?
  • darius said:
    Boss dd3 ?
    Might struggle, to be honest. Most Boss pedals usually only deal with instrument-level signals.

Get yourself a Zoom MS70CDR, and you've got all the delays and reverbs you could possibly want.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    darius said:
    Boss dd3 ?
    Might struggle, to be honest. Most Boss pedals usually only deal with instrument-level signals.

Get yourself a Zoom MS70CDR, and you've got all the delays and reverbs you could possibly want.
    My pedalboard is made up of old friends and works great, im not keen for an amp to force me to change it all out. Why make a loop use line level ? Is this common now? Whats the effect on the, erm, effects?