EDIT: EQD Dunes - Now with TS Mini comparison video!

colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
edited February 2017 in FX
EDIT: Here's a very brief video I took to send to EQD to see what they thought. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6KkRbq-b6BiaDIwUXJvU3JES3c/view?usp=sharing

Original post:

What a cracking pedal. Lost a good two hours in riffs today on my day off!

However...

It's a bit of a one trick indie pony IMO. I was hoping it would be a (very) versatile tubescreamer, but the full bandwidth setting has far too much bass, and the 'mid hump' setting has even less bass than a stock tubescreamer!

If you dime the gain on it you get a really nice lofi big muff sound from it. This would be a great pedal for stoner rock or indie I think. Inevitably i will move it on but atm having a lovely time

Whats everyone else's experience? Anyone got a Palisades?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    I have palisades, love it, hence my previous interest in its smaller bro :) 
    I use it to push an already driven amp so maybe a different perspective. I've found the bandwidth and clipping options mean I can mess about and get the sound I want from most Marshall-esq Amps.
  • @sgosden do you have a stock TS to compare it too? I'm wondering if its a fault with mine.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    edited January 2017
    @sgosden do you have a stock TS to compare it too? I'm wondering if its a fault with mine.

not anymore, I had tried a few TS style pedals before hand (stock, SD1, and a clone with god knows what clipping and mods),  always boosting driven amps, which I liked but they never quite hit the spot?
    so I figured I'd be better spending a bit more to have the tweakability of the palisades.

did a bit of A/Bing when I got it, but had to sell up the others because I needed the money more than options sat on a shelf

I've usually got the clipping set on 3  and band on 4, which is beefy but not quite as flubby as the full band setting. with the buffer off, and bright switch on. (not sure how this'll relate to the dunes).

• @sgosden ahh okay. Well the bandwidth 3 on the Palisades is the 'stock' setting which is available on the Dunes and the one that sounds thin to me. But i'm going through a clean Fender amp so that will be the difference.

Having said that i gave it a whirl when I got home and it sounded ace...maybe my ears were just a bit out of whack!
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4541
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    so i did a review of the palisades a while ago here:
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/21106/

since then I've owned the palisades another 2 times, and i have the hankering to get it again!

I'm not much of a TS fan, or user...so i didn't really get the palisades for that, luckily it has so much more to offer. The Bandwidth and the Voice dials have a lot of impact on the tone are (i believe) meant to be tweaked together, they feed off each other really well and interactively, it may take some time to dial it in, but there are lots permutations with those 2 knobs...the rest are more fine tuning.

I'm not sure about the Dunes, but got these feeling it wasn't ever as good or versatile as the Palisades.
  • Now with comparison video!