A suggestion to raise funds for the Fretboard

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    5p for every time Sambo posts a random music video and we'll be the richest site on the web!
    Why does he do that ?........seems a lovely guy with an interesting slant on life but I just don't ever get the relevance of the videos -it has got me quite worried thinking that he is a life form of higher intelligence and I'm challenged in my thought process because am incapable of deciphering the Cryptic connection...........please tell me it's not true and that he is simply" Random  "
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    Seriously - re Revenue ;
     Why not charge a flat £1 Tarrif for every sales ad posted -that has got to be £70 per day ????????? mod s ??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    Sambostar said:
    holnrew said:
    £100 for "virtue signaling", mags can afford it :wink: 
    WTF does that even mean?
    Basically, any time anyone posts about having done something that's good for society or humanity, a subset of rightwhingers (see what I did there?) accuse the person of "virtue signalling" - ie an accusation that they did it to make themselves look good, not because they're trying to raise awareness of what they think is a good cause.

I think it's the intersection of a straw-man argument and projection.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Well clearly we need a fine of at least a fiver for every single episode of obvious fret whoring..

You know - posts clearly aimed at getting max number of frets with little effort. 

You can try try it on this post if you like - it will let us see how many frets a post needs to get before it's considered whoring

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    "virtue signalling" - ie an accusation that they did it to make themselves look good, not because they're trying to raise awareness of what they think is a good cause.
    I thought virtue signalling was the intersection of slacktivism and social media culture.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    Sporky said:
    "virtue signalling" - ie an accusation that they did it to make themselves look good, not because they're trying to raise awareness of what they think is a good cause.
    I thought virtue signalling was the intersection of slacktivism and social media culture.
    I dunno. I suspect there have always been people who talk about charity to make themselves look good, and there have always been people who talk about doing charity to try to get others to get involved. Accusations of "virtue signalling" are a bit of a blunt weapon.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    I dunno. I suspect there have always been people who talk about charity to make themselves look good, and there have always been people who talk about doing charity to try to get others to get involved. Accusations of "virtue signalling" are a bit of a blunt weapon.
    An example of virtue signally from Yvette Cooper. Last year she criticised the government for their handling of the refugee crisis - no problem with this its her job to hold government to account. However you posted this picture:

She then offered to house a refugee (she owns three homes) and made a big song and dance about it. She was then called out on the subject during an LBC interview.

https://soundcloud.com/spectator1828/where-is-yvette-coopers-refugee

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244

Definitely a fine for anyone using SJW as a derogatory term.  Fighting for just causes is a noble aim.

Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Well clearly we need a fine of at least a fiver for every single episode of obvious fret whoring..

You know - posts clearly aimed at getting max number of frets with little effort. 
    Surely you don't mean the 'how many wows can I get for this 'burst/Junior/PRS photo' ...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    mellowsun said:

Surely you don't mean the 'how many wows can I get for this 'burst/Junior/PRS photo' ...
    Depends on if they bought it just to get wows - now that would be hard core fret whoring ;)