Today in the Salon........

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16099
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
Well, Nail bar to be precise ..........( I discovered ,at my wife's suggestion,the joy of false nails -as a country hybrid style picker I have 3 nails put on my right hand and shaped to a 4 or 5 mm pick shaped protrusion on each
.....just brilliant and easy way to pick ,no fumbling fat fingertips,crisp snappy plucking and very dependable -by the time they have done all the epoxy top -coat etc they are as hard as ..............well,Nails ! )
Anyway ,I digress, ........In the Salon they play continuous MTV which is pretty dire but passes the time as I sit like a rose between two thorns AKA a gimped-up middle-aged "Range Rover " mum /lady that Lunches either side of me .
I am probably quite unaware of current chart music but nothing prepared me for the car-crash that was the Coldplay and Rihanna "conspiracy " sorry , collaboration .Don't know what was cheesier or worse the Hollywood blockbuster type film video or the woeful music itself .
Has  Mainstream Music really come to this which makes X-factor look exciting ?
Feel free to comment on the song/ artists
Nail and the Vietnamese virtual monopoly of this phenomena or,
Cross-dressing and the joy of ladies clothes 
As you prefer.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Excellent idea.  How much did it work out at?  I got three nickel finger picks and a thumb for a fiver.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    welcome to the Fretboard  @ Gregor Hilden aka Dominic!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
      @57Deluxe - I don't deal in guitars or play " elevator music " jazz blues .......being serious ;he is a very nice player but his music and "sterile " style all sounds the same and could genuinely send me to sleep like a lullaby -if he was a DJ he would get the 2am to 5am slot on Radio Quiet FM
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ no -  Gregor likes a Nail Bar....!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    I've posted this before, (I'm a lover not a picker) but James Taylor has a nails video for his technique which might interest some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xY8Bcq3hh4
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom