Bruce Sprinsgteen

What's Hot
Si_Si_ Frets: 384
I'm not really a big Bruce fan but went to see him last night in Melbourne.

WOW, what a great show.. even not knowing 95% of the songs I thought it was excellent. The E-Street band really are great and he's a fantastic performer.

I'd defiantly look forward to seeing him live again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Amazing isn't it. I saw him twice on the UK leg, some of the best shows I've seen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Huge fan here. I've only seen him once but he had most of us in tears in the first song alone. Just a phenomenal band.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'd never heard too much of his stuff but my girlfriend has an old LP of his.. she put it on recently and I thought it sounded quite magical.
  • Like Coldplay, all of his songs sound like codas missing the rest of the song, to me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a big fan too. 
    Bruce is what I put on when I can't decide what I want to listen to- I always enjoy it & due to the size of his back catalogue I rarely tire of his music.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33839
    Did they do 'Talk to Me'?
  • Like Coldplay, all of his songs sound like codas missing the rest of the song, to me.

I can understand that.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    Like Coldplay, all of his songs sound like codas missing the rest of the song, to me.
    It's worse that that - on record, he writes great songs which have intros, verses, choruses, middle eights and endings. I've never seen him live, but being quite a fan I bought a live DVD. I now understand why he does these legendary four-hour shows… he plays an hour and a half of songs, and two and a half hours of endings. Every single song had a ridiculous overblown 'rock ending' where it stops and restarts several times with extended soloing and other general wankery. I now have no intention of seeing him live.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I saw Neil Young when Pearl Jam backed him. The endings were over extended. The album was carp. Put me off him for years.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    I saw Neil Young when Pearl Jam backed him. The endings were over extended. The album was carp. Put me off him for years.
    There are a couple of good songs on that album - I'm The Ocean and Throw Your Hatred Down - but otherwise I'm not much of a fan of it either. I've never been able to like Pearl Jam - I've really tried, on more than one occasion. Just don't get what's great about them at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw Neil Young when Pearl Jam backed him. The endings were over extended. The album was carp. Put me off him for years.
    Sounds a bit fishy to me...
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5554
    edited February 2017
    Couple of years old but doing the rounds again this week. Bruce and his band take a request during a gig then work the song out and I thought it was pretty cool.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    edited February 2017
    Thats excellent.. great find.. Just shows how good the band are and how well he leads them.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Is this the one where Bruce pulls signs out of the crowd with song titles on? Then flips one over to the band and they start playing?   

What if the crowd held the cards the other way around? or some random idiot pulled them out?

I'm a huge fan btw but the whole random song thing is a bit twee....though looks great live
  • Loved that. I've always loved how in control of the band he is. The Seeger sessions recording for the BBC he did was the same- he calls the shots and the band respond. 
  • There's loads of similar videos. It's good to know even the Boss gets requests for Mustang Bleedin' Sally...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • We got "Santa Claus is coming to town" in Manchester last May....a guy in the crowd was wearing a Santa suit (as you do in May), so he pulled him out the crowd and got him to sing along on stage. 

Fantastic moment, and really brightened everyone's spirits, I was in the pit and we'd been standing in the rain since early that morning to be near the front, but tires legs and soaked clothes didn't matter. 

Fantastic showmanship, but he can also turn a stadium to silence for the more serious bits. 

He has such great and dedicated fans so each gig becomes a massive celebration with band and fans working off each other.