SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feeler: Any cheapish Gibson Les Paul Studios floating around?

geetarguy85geetarguy85 Frets: 51
edited February 2017 in Guitars £
Hi all,

I am potentially interested in buying or trading for a Gibson LP Studio. The only criteria I have are:

1. Acceptable condition - it doesn't have to be pristine provided the price reflects the cosmetic condition. Small dents/scratches/chips are okay, but no guitars with repaired neck breakages please.

2. I'm open to most colours though an generally not a fan of black Les Pauls - however I'm happy to look at anything. Particularly like cherry/sun bursts, blues and dark cherry.

3. One of the more recent ones with the robotic tuners would be a plus but not required

Budget is around £400. I also have for trade a Fender Classic Player 50s Strat, an Epiphone Les Paul Classic 7 string, a Mac Mini, a Vox VT20+ and a few other bits n bobs. You can see these in my discussions list.

Edit: I'm based in Bromsgrove, happy to travel as far as Oxford, Leicester and Bristol for the right deal. I am also occasionally traveling down the m40 and through Aylesbury to visit family in North London.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    There's a LPJ near me in Ringwood (Bournemouth area), not a Junior, but one of those LPJ models:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/gibson-les-paul-lpj-guitar-with-gator-hard-case/1214200630

Thought it was a good price at £350 with hard case.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 839
    Having owned a couple of USA LPs I'd say this is probably a better way to spend £400 on an LP: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91270/fs-burny-les-paul-mij-rlg85-400/p1 Of course, I'm biased but it does tick all the boxed you mention (except the name on the headstock).
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4732
    I sold a beautiful 2015 Studio last week for £400.00. Too cheap but I wanted some cash and some space too.  As new but for an unfortunate, and small, scratch on the black back.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    PMd

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I've had a couple of Studios with repaired neck breaks with no problem at all.  So much so, I'm more than happy to look at  broken neck ones to snag a bargain!
  • rlw said:
    I sold a beautiful 2015 Studio last week for £400.00. Too cheap but I wanted some cash and some space too.  As new but for an unfortunate, and small, scratch on the black back.
    Yes that did look very nice! We were discussing it but unfortunately I didn't have sufficient cash freed up at the time.
  • rlw said:
    Yes that did look very nice! We were discussing it but unfortunately I didn't have sufficient cash freed up at the time.
  • Thanks all.

@Jack - unfortunately that's already gone! 
    @RevMatt - I'll look into them, never really seen or heard Burnys but am vaguely aware of their existence.
    @rlw - Yes we were discussing that, it did look very nice but unfortunately I had no cash freed up!
    @McToot - Will reply shortly.
    @Rox - Interesting. I've always been sceptical of neck break repairs but I suppose if it's done by a reputable luthier than it should be fine!
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Interestingly, the two I had looked more amateur in skill level, but were still rock solid.