Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Courier nightmares

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Is there such a thing as a premium courier service?

I feel a lot of these issues are because the focus is on bulk delivery as cheap as possible (even if you choose the premium, insured service - and it's fucking hard to get the money out of them if they do cock up, begging the question of why insure it?). 

I also believe there should be *no* insurance option. You've paid for a service that they've contractually obliged to deliver - if they fuck it up, they should be liable regardless.  Sadly, it doesn't seem to work that way...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    edited February 2017
    Foster said:
    Get the police involved, sounds like mr driver had a good idea what was in the parcel and thinks he can flog it on ebay for a few quid. 
    Blimey, that's a leap in thinking. Of all the things that pass through a courier's hands, a wedding dress must come pretty low down the list of easily disposed of for good profit. I'd think cock up before conspiracy in this case.  Which doesn't make situation any better for op. Hopefully it's an admin error and the dress turns up shortly. Fingers crossed.

edit: Should have read on. Good to hear you got it in the end.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    You've just been on bbc breakfast. They said your wife's dress has been found. I assume you know all this. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    DrJazzTap said:
    Dpd are shite. I bought a pedal years ago and it was delivered by dpd. They claimed to have tried to deliver the package twice. 
    On both occasions they said "nobody was home". On the second occasion my old housemate was working from home. In his downstairs office which was right next to the front door!! It was because the house was on a slight hill and away from the main road. They couldn't be arsed to get out and walk to the door.

Glad it turned up :)
    I had that once with Royal Mail.  I opened the door to inform them I was actually in.  They didn't even have my parcel with them.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last time I had something delivered to DPD I got it delivered to a collection point (SAinsburys) that is literally 5 mins away from their depot. They still amanged to fuck it up.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ