Macbook pro & scarlett 2i2 issues

I don't do much recording, but I'm getting more into it.. 

I've done a fair bit with Garage band on my 2016 imac and the little scarlet, which has all been fine. 

I recently took the late 2015 macbook pro away with me on a gigging trip to Europe, thought I'd use the free time to record a few things and also the live gigs. 

It didn't work out! 

For some reason unknown to me after a few minutes of recording (or playing back) via the scarlet the audio goes all weird.. Like robotic sounding. 

Unplugging the scarlet and plugging back in temporarily sorts it, until it happens again. As does selecting different audio devices in GB. 

Back into the imac and everything is fine. 

Any ideas on what I can try to fox/resolve this? 

Thanks 

Pete 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markvmarkv Frets: 460
    I've had similar occasional problems with a MBP and Scarlet Solo, although it's usually fine for quite a bit longer than a few minutes.

I haven't tried this solution yet but I will probably give it a go: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/206849819
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I've tried that, it didn't do anything.. Starting to think k there is a problem with the MBP
  • What's your buffer size?  You should be able to check it in your audio settings/preferences.
    I've tried all buffer sizes.. 

The MBP has been back to Apple for a new flex cable and io board (weird as it was only purchased in November and has hardly been used!) it also got the OS downgraded from Sierra to EL Cap.. Still not working, and now the wifi is intermittent. 

Think i have a bad MBP 
  • It's possible the sample rates are not match between the interface and your DAW project. I find sometimes when I take my personal Logic projects into work It can sometimes do this. I'm not 100% sure without actually seeing it but it's worth a look.
    In garageband it automatically sets every interface to 44.1.. To me it sounds like a sample rate issue from everything I've read. 

Apple have now replaced the Logic board, collecting it tomorrow.