I used to love ..... breakers yards.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Are they the scrappage scheme trade ins? Some lovely stuff there. 

In the early 90s everything was "to you, a fiver mate". I loved the clambering and exploring. I had Capris and Cortinas so there were always loads in the scrappers. Much missed.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, they are part of the government's Scrappage Scheme. Basically any car that didn't meet omissions standards the government gave you money towards a new car if you traded in your old car. Trouble was, it would cost a huge amount to scrap the cars which the government didn't want to foot the bill. The result is the cars have sat idle for years. There's scores of classic cars there, just wasting away. Not sure what the latest situation is now on the cars. There's a lot of them, that's all I know ...

Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Motorhate I remember Burberry! I used to work for Senate Electrical in the 90's, around the time they started building the flyover. Senate was literally next to the scrap yard ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom