Digital Clean-up

Similar to the CD thread (and I really need to get around to that) I'm doing a "digital clean-up" and it's going to take weeks. 
I've got 2k emails in my inbox but a lot are genuinely useful and some have the same info so I need to weed out the useless ones. I then have a shedload of stuff on cloud storage that isn't sorted out (6GB worth), 3 portable 1TB hard-drives with duplicated info and maybe 7 USB sticks. 

-> Mission is to remove all duplicate info and sort it all. Lazy bugger that I am, if I kept it organised day-to-day, there would be no need for this. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I completed this task for all my album files recently. I kept wondering why it was taking forever to make backups (absolute DISASTER if I lost those files...) - turns out old edits were being kept in the background. Job done on that front - near-instant backups after every session!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    Similar to the CD thread (and I really need to get around to that) I'm doing a "digital clean-up" and it's going to take weeks. 
    I've got 2k emails in my inbox but a lot are genuinely useful and some have the same info so I need to weed out the useless ones. I then have a shedload of stuff on cloud storage that isn't sorted out (6GB worth), 3 portable 1TB hard-drives with duplicated info and maybe 7 USB sticks. 

-> Mission is to remove all duplicate info and sort it all. Lazy bugger that I am, if I kept it organised day-to-day, there would be no need for this. 
    If storage space isn't an issue just hit 'archive' on the lot to get it out of your inbox, and relax in the knowledge that you'll be able to find anything important via search. 

Or what I did to get out from under an email mountain was use an ios app (there are many - just use one you like) that has swipe gestures for archive and delete and churn through them there - I found it much quicker than on laptop/desktop 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I've seen but never used that archive button, right enough!