New Orange Rocker 15 combo

What's Hot
Has anyone tried one of these?  Any opinions?
thanks

https://orangeamps.com/rocker-series/rocker-15/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Yes, i've spent a little bit of time with one.I'm not keen on the clean channel, but then i never am with Orange amps, The dirty channel is great though. Unmistakably Orange but i thought it was great from light break up to full on filth. For what it's worth it's the first Orange amp i'm actually giving serious thought to buying - Up till now i've been a bit underwhelmed with them.
    That's not to say i think they are crap, they just haven't really done it for me.  
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    It seems like a bit of an odd choice to have no eq or tone controls at all on the clean channel.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72344
    If it's like the Rocker 30 it doesn't need it. It just has a very balanced, even tone that takes fuzz and distortion pedals really well.

Oddly enough the drive channel is more like a Marshall, circuit-wise... but still sounds like an Orange. It takes overdrive and boost pedals really well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    As @ICBM says, if it's like the Rocker 30, the natural channel is voiced just right. I love mine and it doesn't get any simpler than just a volume control.
    The natural channel on my R30 highlights the differences between guitars and pickups better than any other amp I've tried.  If you want different tones from it, work the controls on the guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    They should make a version just with just the clean chanel - a one-knob amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm surprised people aren't getting more excited about the Rocker 32.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    I'm surprised people aren't getting more excited about the Rocker 32.
    That looks really interesting!
  • i have a rocker 15 on my radar/GAS list for sure. all the reviews (apply pinch of youtube salt here) seem favourable. and rather than choose between two of my amps for natural or dirty tones depending on the gig, this would/could do it in one. 
    The concept is interesting, but it's much closer to two Rocker 15s than a Rocker 30. Stereo isn't really important to most players.

I really don't know why they just don't reissue the R30 - with the FX loop and switchable power options of the 15. Maybe they will - the designer says on the website that they were responding to demand for the R30... so just do it! If they added the loop and power switching then they wouldn't even be competing with old R30s on the second hand market.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    The concept is interesting, but it's much closer to two Rocker 15s than a Rocker 30. Stereo isn't really important to most players.

I really don't know why they just don't reissue the R30 - with the FX loop and switchable power options of the 15. Maybe they will - the designer says on the website that they were responding to demand for the R30... so just do it! If they added the loop and power switching then they wouldn't even be competing with old R30s on the second hand market.
    I wonder whether more pedal heads would be persuaded if there were more amps like this around- having the capacity to do it with a relatively small footprint and a very sensible price tag makes it much more appealing. There's nothing to stop you using it as a wet/dry rig instead, which is probably more practical if you're a gigging player.

It's not a new concept (I still lust after a Trace Elliot Velocette Twin / Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS) but in the age of hobbyist guitarists, That Pedal Show (Dan is a massive two-amp/wet/dry evangelist) and Strymon, it might be one whose time has come...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    ICBM said:

This is what I can't figure out, especially as I'm guessing it may have made for an easier design. It does seem to be a trait of British amp companies as Marshall also have a habit of releasing 'the amp that players have been asking for', only for it to be nothing like it.
    I also forgot to mention that they need to do the reissue R30 as a head, not just a combo. Although I'm more of a combo user personally, most of the R30 players I've ever come across either have the head or wish their heavy lump of a combo was one!

• A Rocker 30 with a loop and variable/switchable power would be a superb amp.  I don't really miss having a loop on mine but if the option had been available I'd probably have gone for it.
  • Has anyone bought the rocker 15?