A couple of new recordings from me - may I ask feedback please? Now with added Cornell content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited May 2017
    In addition I did a smiliarly styled short effort of a Chris Cornell song following last week's tragic news, hopefully it's not so awful as to cause any offence, just a fond  tribute really.

I know my pitch is a bit wobbly on the first line, and just before and after I have to go a bit higher, but would be interested to hear any other thoughts. Tried singing along to me playing piano instead of guitar to see if that was any better than the guitar, I certainly found it easier as I'm a better piano player than I am guitar! I also think it's because my seating position on a piano is better than guitar, less hunch, so I was able to breath better to get to the higher notes. Having just listened to it again, I think in my subconcious attempt to sort of use a similar accent, I do appear to sound drunk, I was not.

Ah well, all good practice

Hopefully getting a couple of actual singing lessons soon so hoping I will improve or at least sound less apologetic when singing

Incidentally @Cabicular this is the Yamaha keyboard in action that I was asking you about
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3750
    Honestly, I preferred your singing to the piano. Other than one real misstep, it was really pretty good. And not to often do I think that when hearing songs 'balladised'. Good work and nice tribute. 

PS it also, from memory, sounded much better than the stuff on the original post.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    Honestly, I preferred your singing to the piano. Other than one real misstep, it was really pretty good. And not to often do I think that when hearing songs 'balladised'. Good work and nice tribute. 

PS it also, from memory, sounded much better than the stuff on the original post.
    Lol thanks, it was a one take thing, never played it before or sang it really other than along to the ipod around the house etc. I'd have done another song if I'd known them well enough :) I was a big worried in case some big Cornell fans were disgusted by it haha but as I've said before, nobody needs to hear me powering out a rock version of anything!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic