SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Marshall vertical input 4010.

What's Hot
Having narrowly missed one on eBay a month ago and one going on here recently for way above the market value, I'm after a nice, original combo in reasonable shape.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    I have a friend with one, I'll try and give him a shout for you, it's totally original and iirc in excellent condition 
  • Thanks chap :-) 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    I buzzed him and he is after £700" the chap from Cranes valued it from £7-800, I think it's a bit high but feel free to pm me if you want his number 
  • sweepy said:
    I buzzed him and he is after £700" the chap from Cranes valued it from £7-800, I think it's a bit high but feel free to pm me if you want his number 
    Personally I feel that is a bit high, my '81 finally sold for about £600 ish iirc.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I missed one on eBay for £390. I accept that that is on the cheap side, but the prices some people are asking are more in line with the single channel heads.

Was really thinking between £5-600 - £700 is just a kick in the balls! 

Thanks for finding out :-)
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1623
    I just picked one up ( the one from this forum) and I was happy with the valuation of around £700 as what I traded was around that mark too. 

The £390 price seems like someone got an absolute steal rather than it being on the cheapside. I guess it all comes down to how long you are willing to wait. Like the gent looking for a JTM45, there are bargains to be had but that does not mean the usual value is the bargain price. 

That being said once I'd seen one selling at a crazy low price I'd feel that's what I'd want to pay but then I'm Yorkshire and tight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a funny one really, I can see them being worth £700 but as it's a small Marshall combo can also see why they struggle to make serious money, if you know what it is it's worth the cash, there are still a lot about and you can pick up a bargain, as long as the seller doesn't really know what they have. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • That one on eBay for £390 was nuts, definitely an amazing buy for the guy who got it but nowhere near the average price these go for. Wave £600 in cash under his nose and see what happens :)

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1623
    That one on eBay for £390 was nuts, definitely an amazing buy for the guy who got it but nowhere near the average price these go for. Wave £600 in cash under his nose and see what happens :)
    Agreed, it's a buyers market for sure.
  • A friend picked one up for £250 about 10 years ago. He won't sell it though. I'm going to have a Metropolous loop added and probably a creamback speaker. Heading towards a grand if I'm not careful.

I think £600 really is the most I'd pay for one. I'd think 550 is a reasonable deal. 

Thanks for the advice gentlemen.