Belated NAD Marshall JCM800 4010

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
Last week I was able to work out a deal with @Moltisanti for this JCM800. 

I wanted a little bit more headroom and classic rock sound than I had from my current tweedy set up and this amp doesn't disappoint. 

I am am not going to be using all the gain that I have here but I am loving having a good bit of crunch on hand. 

Theres not a lot to say about these amps, you guys will know far more than I do about them but I'm very pleased. It will suit the sound of my band perfectly and I can't see me needing more headroom or volume than this 50watter will give me.

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah219/Shaunm11/Mobile Uploads/D697E146-5136-4EB7-8B13-DE185AC730A6_zpsf92afp5a.jpg
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great amps, Angus in a box. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7580
    Awesome - congrats.

I'm going to suggest you spend a lot of time with the Low input - amazing  clean sound / pedal platform (but I'm guessing you're having too much fun rocking! lol ) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • glad you like it Shaun, my top tip would be to try it with a 75w Creamback, it makes everything even better :)

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    glad you like it Shaun, my top tip would be to try it with a 75w Creamback, it makes everything even better :)
    Yep, I see thats on my things to do list. Does it give it a touch more warmth and curb the high end a little?

Yes, I love it though. Perfect sound for me at the moment
  • Welcome to the club, it's a great, no bullshit ,amp that sounds excellent and just gets the job done.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    Very nice, I'm exceedingly jealous :)
  • yeah it's a warmer speaker, still retains the core of that sound, just tames the top end a bit and adds more fullness. They are a really great match for me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love em. Restored one last year to its former glory, great amps. 
  • Wow awarded, excellent amp. 

And seriously, isn't it just great looking too?