Looking for a new camera - Looking for some help

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Just an additional comment. Your money will be better spent on an excellent lens rather than a feature filled body. Go for the best glass you can buy. 

You need to decide what type of photos you will be shooting and buy a lens to suit. As previously suggested, buy a body with a viewfinder and easily accessible fully manual controls. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    I have had a D3200  for a couple of years now and it is more than adequate for my needs and takes some lovely shots, not really sure on the differences between that and the 3300 but the 3200 can be had for good money on ebay now.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    I would go secondhand too, you get a lot more for your money. Check out MPB, the site that Strum linked to above. Good reliable company and their gear is usually better than described, you get a guarantee too. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 990
    Just placed an order for the Canon D3300 with the VR lens.  I can collect it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help/advice.
  • Presume you mean Nikon, not Canon! That'll get you in trouble in some circles!! :p 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 990
    Presume you mean Nikon, not Canon! That'll get you in trouble in some circles!! :p 
    Yeah sorry! Nikon D3300
  • Nice one. It's got basically the same sensor as the far more expensive d7200 that I own, and that's got astounding image quality. 

And the camera is really easy for a beginner to use. There are tons of tutorials on how to get the best out of it online, too. 

Post results! :D
  • dslr wise I think Nikon knock Canon for six at the lower end, only problem with the lower end Nikons is no auto focus on D lenses which tbh for the target audience is not a problem.