Bass player down :(

What's Hot
PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
So tonight our bass player announced he wanted to transition out of the band. This means after 8 years we will have our first ever line up change. 

He's moved to London for work so the commutes to get to band practice have been pretty brutal for the past few years but it's definitely sad to see him go. He's sticking around to teach parts and maybe finish up a recording project so its not a hard break but it's going to be a tough replacement, mostly as he is also an awesome singer and playing heavy music with 2 excellent clean vocalists really helps us stand out from other bands I think.

Anyway no drama like some of the personnel change threads round here but it momentous enough for us that I thought I'd post. 
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    8 years is an impressive result, a goodly proportion of bands dissolve or implode way before that or at least have someone leave/get booted out.
    I know what you mean about changing the dynamic of the band when a friend and collegue goes. Sounds like he's done lots to keep the thing going too.
    All I will say is embrace the new person and go with the changes that brings rather than look for a drop in replacement. the band will change so don't resent it. Send your friend forth with a smile and gratitude, you may need him to dep one day in the foreverafter, or he might call you to help his new venture.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlonde said:
    8 years is an impressive result, a goodly proportion of bands dissolve or implode way before that or at least have someone leave/get booted out.
    I know what you mean about changing the dynamic of the band when a friend and collegue goes. Sounds like he's done lots to keep the thing going too.
    All I will say is embrace the new person and go with the changes that brings rather than look for a drop in replacement. the band will change so don't resent it. Send your friend forth with a smile and gratitude, you may need him to dep one day in the foreverafter, or he might call you to help his new venture.

Good advice this
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gutted, but 8 years is a good run. Hope you can find someone else who fits in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah we dont have any gigs booked so not going to rush but theres a couple of people we could ask who might fit.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • We only ever swap bassists. The rest of us have done 9-10 years now. It might give the whole thing a boost - we actually play gigs now rather than just turning them down! 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• FezFez Frets: 525
    Changing out our first bass player gave us a boost and we soon got gigging. Now we have a slow or soft bassexit up coming as current bass player intends to retire to Indonesia next year when he reaches 65. So we also will have to embrace the change.
    Don't touch that dial.